013

"So.. you're my girlfriend now huh?" Emma said as we arrived to my house.

"Yeah I guess so? If you want to be, of course." I replied to her.

"You know it's so funny after me constantly chasing you not knowing if this was right, thinking you hated me, we finally are where we are now. I'm so happy, I don't think you understand" Emma said.

"Why wouldn't I understand if I feel the same exact way you do? I fell in love with you the day I met you." I said.

A few months later...

Ken, Mikey, Emma, and I went to the arcade again, it became a regular thing. Ken had gotten a girlfriend himself, and Mikey was still single..

"Eh how does Emma always win these bullshit things?!" Ken shouted.

"Shh! Not so loud you dumbass, we'll be kicked out.." Emma responded. Mikey and I giggled a little, then Mikey suggested. "Hey guys, wanna go to the beach? I mean it's the middle of summer, so why not?"

Of course, we all said,
"Yeah, why not?"

Emma and Mikey went to their house as Ken and I went to ours as well, collecting our things. "Okay, is everyone ready?" I asked as we all arrived at the car, about to head off.

Emma kissed my cheek, "Yep!" She said.

We arrived at the beach, and all settled in of course. After a while, we all got in.

"Wow, it's so nice here! I can't believe it.." Emma said, extremely smiley. However, she was looking at me oddly.

"Yeah, me too!" The boys and I responded. "Hey babe, what's wrong?" I asked.

She didn't respond, she just smiled and started talking to Mikey. As they were talking, I noticed them looking behind me. Of course, I turned around.

"You've got to be kidding me" I whispered to myself. Standing behind me, staring, were a bunch of men who were obviously way out of my league.

Emma noticed I was looking, and gave me an odd look, so I went over to her and Mikey. "Emma, what's wrong? I won't ask again but I have to know what's bothering you." I said.

Of course, she ignored the question again, and just responded, "Oh, I'm fine!"

How was I going to get these annoying men off my back? Why were they staring at me in the first place? I didn't want to start overthinking now out of all times, especially at the beach..