Pure as snow

"One of the benefits of showing up at the hospital in the middle of the night with a kidney infection is that the first thing they do

"One of the benefits of showing up at the hospital in the middle of the night with a kidney infection is that the first thing they do.."

"is give you something to bring down your fever and subdue the agonizing pain you're in."

"I know what you're all thinking."

"It's not a relapse if it's warranted. It's a hall pass."

"They put me on Cipro, which is the antibiotic they give to people that are exposed to anthrax, started me on Lexapro, which is one of the few antidepressants that doesn't make me crazier. And kept me there for three days. It was actually really nice. I love hospitals. If I could spend the rest of my life in a hospital, I would."

"Because when you're in a hospital, you have zero responsibilities. They make sure you eat, sleep, stay hydrated, and if anything bad happens, there's always a doctor nearby."

"It's also the best place to be in the event of a mass shooting, unless the gunman kills all the surgeons. The point is, I had zero anxiety."

"Then at nighttime, when everyone's asleep, I close my eyes and imagine all the little beeps to be the sounds of birds, and the lukewarm air blowing through the vent to be a warm breeze. Your hospital bed can sort of feel like a poolside chair on a hot summer night in the Caribbean. Plus, Jules came to visit."

Standing next to Lexi smiling with our arms around each other as the camera goes off. "Okay, sweetie just one more!" Rolling my eyes at my mother who has taken a million photos.

"Just one more okay we've already taken enough!" Once the flash goes off again me and Lexi separate, and my dad walks up to us. "Okay, ladies no drinking, no drugs, no boys. Am I clear?" When I open my mouth to go to answer him he cuts me off with a big smile. "I'm just kidding. I want you girls to really enjoy tonight."

"We will dad, I promise."

"Me and your mom have just been so worried about you after everything that's happened." I take my dad and pull him into a hug. "I'm fine, you mom don't need to worry about me."

Finally arriving at the dance and quickly trying to find Everyone else, once I finally spot them I pull Lexi over to the table so we can take a seat. Everyone looks so bored and done with the night already, looking over everyone and beautiful they look. "You guys all look really beautiful." Kat is the first one to speak. "You too I'm glad you came, I know you wanted to skip, but I'm like, really happy to see you Love." Smiling at her and replying. "Yea well it's just been a tiring a year, but I should put the past into the past."

"What if these are, like, the big moments in life? Like, my mom always talks about how high school was like this big, monumental part of her life. But I cannot imagine being 40 and looking back at this, like, "Wow." Nodding my head in agreement. "Yeah, high-school fucking sucks and there was definitely nothing great about it."