Prologue

The bite on my leg felt like someone poured molten lava on it.

Little did I know, what seemed like a promising day was about to take a nosedive. But before I dive into the details of that fateful day, let me give you a glimpse of who I am.

I'm Freya Katherine Stark, complete with white hair and dark blue eyes. Yep, I'm a Stark, and not just any Stark. You've probably heard of my dad, Tony Stark, the infamous billionaire playboy philanthropist turned Iron Man. What most people don't know is that he had a secret family - my brother and me - from a short-lived marriage.

My arrival brought out the lovesick puppy in Tony. He went all out, baby-proofing the entire house and showering us with the best toys and clothes. My mom, Tony's secret wife, discovered she was pregnant with both me and my brother. Tony, overjoyed, did everything to make her pregnancy as smooth as possible.

However, when the big day arrived, things took a turn for the worse. The joyous anticipation turned into a frantic rush to the hospital. From heavy breathing to screams and pushing, it all ended in a blur, with Tony forced out of the room.

After what felt like an eternity in the hallway, two nurses emerged, each cradling a bundle. Tony's happiness knew no bounds until one of them delivered the heartbreaking news—his wife didn't make it. She had lost too much blood. My dad reluctantly handed us over to Pepper and Happy at her request and went to say his farewells to my mother, (He forgot to tell Uncle Rhodey about the birth).

That tragic day was eighteen years ago. Growing up, my brother and I remained hidden from the public eye, known only to Tony's closest friends. He gave us all the love and support we needed, even when time was scarce. Tony was the best father anyone could ask for.

Pepper stepped in as our mother figure, helping me convince my dad to change our surname so we could attend school. She guided me through all the intricacies of girlhood and even dished out advice on how to attract boys. To this day, she loves us as her own children.

In a surprising twist, my brother, our godfather (Uncle Rhodey, aka James Rhodes), and I played matchmakers for Tony and Pepper. Now they're engaged. Yay!

However, my stay with Tony was short-lived. Leaving him was tough, but I set off for a prestigious school in the UK, graduating at the top of the country at the age of fifteen. By seventeen, I wrapped up college and started working as an assistant for a kind lady named Sersi. Fun fact, she eventually started dating my best friend, Dane Whitman.

Now that you have a bit of background, let's jump into the not-so-awesome day that awaited me.