Chapter 31

7 months later

A lot has happened since we told everybody that we were having a baby. I finished school and got a job at a local veterinary clinic. Riccardo didn't like the though at first but he eventually caved after I told him how good it would be for me and the baby to have something to do and not sit at home worrying about everything.

Talking about the baby, we found it is a girl and I couldn't be more excited. My due date was only a week away so the baby could come any day now. Riccardo got people to make her a pretty bedroom right next to our bedroom and also a playroom full with different toys. At first I was hesitant about the playroom as she wouldn't be able to use it until she would be like at least a year old and I tried to convince Riccardo that it could wait but I had no say over it. Riccardo is already spoiling his little girl before she is even born.

Bella and Alessio made their relationship official and didn't hide it anymore and I was super happy for them. Riccardo didn't talk 2 weeks with Alessio when he first found out and I even needed to keep and eye on him so he doesn't go and kill Alessio in his sleep. He eventually came around and saw how happy Bella was and Alessio got his blessing.

As for me and Riccardo, much hadn't changed. We had a few fights over the months but nothing big. And I still haven't gotten a ring on that finger which I was upset about sometimes when I thought about us.

''Good morning'' Riccardo says bringing me out of my thoughts and placing a kiss on the back of my head while caressing my big baby bump.

''I'm about to leave for work'' I tell him as I pick up a cup of coffee and pass it to him.

''Are you sure you should be working in your condition?'' He says worriedly.

''In my condition? What is my condition Riccardo?'' I say a little mad about the words he decided to choose.

''You're nine months pregnant'' He says as he puts down the coffee cup.

''Yeah that's right, I'm pregnant, not dying'' I roll my eyes and turn away from him.

''I still don't like the idea of you working this close to the due day'' He says and tries to calm me down but ends up only making me more mad.

''I didn't ask for your permission, I'll work until the baby pops out of me'' I say and and slide my hands down as if visualizing the baby coming out.

''Don't make me lock you in this house'' He says in a warning tone.

''Don't make me smash this cup on your head right now'' I say pointing at the coffee cup next to me.

Riccardo's POV:

Pregnant Haley was like a the Satan itself sent from hell. She was so emotional and don't you even think to argue with her because she will put a bullet in your head. She was a nightmare, all my men were afraid of her and I'd be lying if I said that me myself wasn't scared of her sometimes. But at the end of the day she was the sweetest person on earth and I loved her more and more every day and seeing her belly grow made her have this glow that she could be seen from space. But God I couldn't wait for the baby to be here and be done with all the mood swings.

''Okay, okay, calm down'' I say and turn away from her.

''What did you just say?'' She says mad.

''Nothing, have a good day at work'' I say and place a kiss on her cheek and walk away before she could say or do anything more.