Chapter 27

Me and Dante got home and I parked the car in the garage. Dante helped me carry in all my bags that I had.

"Thank you Dante" I say as he places the bags on the couch in the living room and walks away.

My parents are gonna be here in about 3 hours.  I could feel the nervousness build up inside of me as the moment of them meeting Riccardo comes closer and closer.

"Hi mio amore" I hear Riccardo's voice say behind me and just as I was about to go look I feel his hands wrap around me from behind and hugging me.

"I missed you" he whispers in my ear while burying his head in my neck.

"Look what I got" I say pulling away and going over to the bags and pulling out a tiny baby onesie with a little bear on it and showing it to Riccardo.

"It's so tiny" Riccardo says as a smile forms on his face and he takes the onesie from me and looks at it.

"I can't wait to meet the little one" he then continues almost making me cry and just as soon as he notices me trying no to cry again he laughs and pulls me in a hug.

"Come, let's go upstairs" he says and takes all the bags that were on the couch and follows my lead.

"Wait, where'a Bella?" He asks stopping me while we walk up the stairs.

"She's still at the mall" I simply say.

"Why didn't she come back with you?" He asks confused.

"Because she has a date" I say giving him a smile and looking at his expression.

"With who?" He asks being concerned for his sister.

"It's not my place to say Riccardo" I reply as I open the door to our bedroom.

"He better not break her heart" he says now sounding a little mad making me aww at how protective he was of his sister.

"He's a good guy" I say as Riccardo places down the bags and I go over to them and look through them.

"You know him?" He asks me as he sits down on the bed next to my bags.

"We both do" I simply say without giving him much other information.

"She'll tell you when she's ready" I say walking over to him and cupping his face. I lean down to give him a kiss on his lips.

I stand in between Riccardo's legs and he wraps his hands around me and places a kiss on my stomach. It made me melt every time that he did these sweet things.

Many saw him as a killer, as a mafia leader, and feared him so much that they wouldn't even look his way. But here he was, kissing my still flat stomach where our baby was growing and being the most gentle and caring man I have ever met.

"I love you little one" he talks to my nonexistent stomach but his words making me awe at the sight, I can't wait for this baby to be here and for Riccardo to be a dad, I know he's gonna be a great father.

"I need to go check if the rooms are ready for my family" I say ask I drive my hands through his hair.

"Everything's ready, I already checked" he says looking up at me and pulling me in his lap.

"Thank you Riccardo" I say and give him a kiss. I was so grateful to have him.

"Have you found George?" I ask standing up feeling a little bit of fear fill inside of me as my thought lead to him, thinking about him hurting Riccardo or anyone else.

"Not yet but we're working on it" Riccardo says letting out a devastated sigh.

"He's not gonna get to you anymore amore, you don't need to worry" he says as he stands up and caresses my cheeks.