three

a few days had past since that incident and love hadn't seen john b or any of the other pogues since

a few days had past since that incident and love hadn't seen john b or any of the other pogues since. that changed as love saw john walking towards where her and sarah were stood. love's lips twitched up into a small smile. "hey, john b." she greeted as he walked past her - sarah shooting her a questioning look - however he didn't say anything to her as he looked angry and her eyebrows furrowed and she stopped walking. "i'm-- i'm sorry, that's it? not a hey, how you doing since we almost died last time i saw you? or kiss my ass?"

sarah's eyes were wide in confusion and intrigue as john turned and walked up to her. "your secrets safe with me?" he repeated her words from the boat.

love tilted her head. "what secret are you-- oh, that secret."

"what secret?" sarah whispered to her but love lightly hit her in the side with her hand to shush her.

"i just got fired because of you." john b accused her and love's lips parted in shock. "and i know you can't imagine that, but some people need jobs so that they can eat." he knocked the bag of popcorn she held in her hands to the ground.

"what the fucks your problem?" sarah snapped.

love frowned at his retreating figure, utterly confused. "what the fuck?"

john marched back over to her, pointing his finger in her face. "you are exactly who i thought you were, love martinez." he stormed off.

love sighed as she watched him go. "asshole." she muttered before sarah tugged on her arm and they turned around and walked off.

"what was that all about?" sarah questioned.

love huffed. "he was just returning some scuba gear he took to fill tanks up sunday morning, but it wasn't working so he couldn't fill them up. that's all." she shrugged, lying.

sarah frowned and stopped in her tracks, love turned to her, raising her eyebrows. "rafe came back from your place angry as fuck on sunday. he must have seen john b leaving the boat and said something to topper."

love groaned. "topper's such a little snitch." sarah chuckled at that.