six

love and sarah snuck into her dad's office after they returned from midsummers and thanked whatever god was listening that her dad wasn't in there

love and sarah snuck into her dad's office after they returned from midsummers and thanked whatever god was listening that her dad wasn't in there. "what are you doing?"

both girls jumped at the sound of ward's voice and turned to see not only him but diego as well, the two men staring at their daughters as they stood in the doorway. "we... just wanted a copy of one of the old plat maps." sarah said.

"a plat map." ward laughed. "of tannyhill?"

love nodded to back sarah up. "yeah."

"mija, you never wanted to look at those when i tried to show 'em to you." diego gave his daughter a look.

sarah and love shared a brief look before the brunette spoke. "well, papa, since then, i have become so appreciative of this beautiful property that we call home, and they're so beautiful, i thought maybe i could get them framed and hung in my room. sarah was gonna help me."

ward looked between the two. "okay, come on, girls, seriously. what is this, a school thing?"

sarah pulled out the plat map they needed and gave her dad a look. "no, it's july."

"a topper thing?" ward asked and sarah sighed.

"a rafe thing?" diego followed up.

the two girls turned to each other and rolled their eyes in sync. "it's not a rafe or topper thing." love told them as the two stood up.

"but it is a boy thing." sarah added mischievously and love elbowed her.

"a boy thing?" diego repeated, staring at his daughter knowingly.

love sighed as she stood in front of her father. "he's a real go getter. i think you'll like him."

diego raised his eyebrows, having an inkling on who she was talking about. "oh, really?"

"who is this mystery history buff? is he a cartographer or something?" ward asked.

sarah paused with her hand on the doorknob and turned to look at her dad. "we could tell you, but then he wouldn't be a myster, would he?"