29: Dropkick

60:12:20

60 hours left. 12 minutes. 20 seconds.

3 days left.

"Do I look better with my hair down?"

"Why does that matter?" Yoongi grumbles while drinking his coffee as he reads the newspaper from where he sits.

"Just asking if I look prettier."

You can see him rolling his eyes. "This isn't the Y/N I know. Who are you trying to impress?"

The Y/N he knows. You want to giggle but his static demeanor hides it. "The handsome doctor that walks in to give me my daily dose of shots."

That's when he breaks and you blink at the way the man slams his newspaper down and stomps up your way, a grave expression evident on his face. "Never let your hair down, it looks ugly either way but never let your hair down if you want to impress a man."

"Oh." You clear your throat at how close he is which makes your heart beat rapidly but you try not to let it show. "Um, thanks for the advice but try not to put it so harshly, hm?"

Yoongi only grumbles under his breath as he returns to his seat while you hide your smile, knowing he doesn't know this handsome "doctor" is Seokjin and not someone else.

.

.

.

"Can I brush your hair for you? It's so soft!"

You giggle at Taehyung as you hand him the brush and he's quick to run it through your hair. "This isn't your first time doing it, why do you look so excited?"

"Because it's my third time," he tells you. "First time was with Miran but her hair isn't as soft as yours. I like your hair."

"Oh."

"It looks better when it's down."

You laugh.

Was Yoongi jealous then?

No way.

.

.

.

"You baked cookies? You can bake?"

Seokjin chuckles lightly. "I'm good at everything, little one."

"Hmm, that sounds more like Jungkook."

He scowls at you and you laugh.

.

.

.

"Kai was upset because you gave him a hard time, telling him one month is too long. You're all over the place, huh?"

"If you mention Kai's name one more time, I will cry and dropkick you at the same time."

"You can't do that, I'm your boss," Jimin teases. "And besides, you aren't in good shape."

"Nothing stops Y/N from anything."

"Sadly."

.

.

.

"You know, you're actually the first girl I brought up to this rooftop to look at the world together."

You blink at Jungkook's words who still holds you up, no sign of wanting to let you down anytime soon. He's strong and even though you've been up there for some time, he's still holding onto you tightly.

"Really? I would have assumed Miran's been up here."

"Miran's afraid of heights."

"Oh," you say. "She's afraid of lots of things."

"Yeah so it's harder to surprise her. But you're easy to surprise, you like everything. From the big lions and tigers to looking down at the world from a high point."

You chuckle agreeingly before resting your chin on his shoulder. "Life's more enjoyable when you let go of your fears and embrace the world. You only live once after all."

"Mmn," he nods as he adjusts you closer to him and the action feels gentle and intimate.