three | phone calls

-THREE-

It had already been three days, since the trio had made it to the motel. Ophelia had disposed of her phone, and didn't contact anyone. Going outside was minimal, and the only place they did go was the restaurant next to the motel. 

"Felita?" Kate called out from the bathroom. Ophelia looked up from her book and replied, "Darling, did you forget to take the towel again?" Kate said, "I took the towel, thank you very much. But can you just call Yelena up? See if we can shack up with her at the Budapest apartment?" 

"That got destroyed, didn't it?" Ophelia let her hands loose, dropping the book onto her lap. "Apparently she paid to get it repaired." Kate called out, switching off the shower.

"I'll call her up, but instead of that, I'll probably get in touch with an old friend for living arrangements." The huntress smiled to herself, going back to her book. She only looked up when Kate walked out of the bathroom, clad in only a towel and a pair of Ophelia's shorts.

Startled, the older woman clapped a hand over her eyes holding the book with one hand as well to sheild them. "You've seen me naked before, jeez." The archer chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Y--yeah, well...it's sort of violating your privacy if I look while your changing--" Came the huntress' stumbled reply. "Okay, Miss Formal." Chuckled the archer.

"That's the first rule of marriage! Well, atleast in my culture." Ophelia muttered the last part. Kate dropped the towel, and hummed, "Mhm. And what is that, may I know?"

"Well, when you're married, it is important not to watch your partner change as it is a sign of privacy violation along with a certain level of disrespect."

"Interesting. You can open your eyes now, dork." Kate giggled, making Ophelia smile and remove her hand from her eyes. "But just call Yelena up, would you?" The archer asked.

"Alright, alright. I'll call her." Ophelia mumbled, leaning over and stretching her arm to reach Kate's phone, which sat on the bedside table. She clicked on the contact titled 'Bloodthirsty Vigilante' exclaiming, "Kate, why is Yelena's contact number saved like that?" "It fit her, let me have this--" Replied Kate. 

Yelena picked up the phone in a jiffy, making Ophelia joke, "Two rings. That's a new record, Lena."

"Shut up, Knives." Giggled the assassin, her accent thicker than ever through the static of the phone. "What do you need?"

"First of all, you're lucky to call me Knives. I've allowed only one person in my entire goddamn life to call me that. Second, you're living in the Budapest apartment, right?'

"Yes I am, why?"

"Well, Kate and I are kind of on the run so we're going to have to get out of the country. Do you think you can accomodate us suitably for the time being?"

"You need to stop using big words. Anyway, I'd be happy to shack you up here for a while. As long as you don't touch or finish my favourite vodka, I'm fine with it."

"I'm more of a whiskey girl, so I'll pass on the vodka."

"I'll see you in a few days, then you can explain everything."

"Yep. Thanks Lena. Bye."

Ophelia cut the call, looking up to see Kate cuddled into her, already asleep. "Precious child." Chuckled Ophelia, running a finger down the bridge of the other woman's nose. She giggled when Kate nipped at it playfully, and exclaimed, "I knew you weren't asleep, cheeky monkey."