2 months on... :(

(Steve POV)

It's been about two months. Two months since she died and two of the longest months of my life. I visit her grave everyday and talk to her. I know that's sounds stupid but she needs to know I'm there.

I don't see anyone hardly any more. Sometimes Peter will come with me and he checks up on me, but that's it. I sometimes sleep and eat, I train, I visit Natasha and I go on missions. I don't see many people and when I do they are cautious. The avengers still talk to me and check on me but recently they have been acting strange. Sam is still close and he is the one making sure I'm still alive but he had been acting strange to. He avoids me and stutters when we talk so I have given up trying.

I don't care any more because without Nat everything is strange and everything is worthless. I have tried to hold on to hope like I promised but how can I when my hope was taken a way from me all over gain.

Today is Valentine's Day and I have bought Nat a bunch of roses made into a heart shaped wreath that says forever and always in the middle.

The sun has just begun to rise as I take my final step before coming face to face with Natasha grave. I sit down silently for a moment before placing the flowers against her grave and whispering 'happy Valentine's Day beautiful, Sorry I forgot I'm not allowed to call you that. Oh well at least you can't punch me for it' I let out a weak chuckle.

I sit and talk for what seems like forever and when I stand back up the sun has moved farther over the sky like it is coming close to the evening. Oh well it's a special day, I guess training can be missed just once.

Just as I stand up to leave my phone starts to ring. I don't check who the caller is so I start by saying 'hello who is this?'

'It does not matter who i am but it does matter what you do next'

'Look today really isn't a day to mess with my head. I am messed up enough as it is on a normal day but today you could possibly send me over the edge'

'Shut up, listen and do as I say. Believe me it will be worth it'

'Fine what do you want me to do?'

'First of all go back to the mansion and get changed into something nice. It is a special day after all'

'Okay'
~~~
Time lapse
~~~

'So what do I do know. I am changed into a suit'

'Great. Now head to the closest mall to the mansion'

'Why?'

'Because I said so, now do as your told and hurry up. Phone bills are expensive these days'
~~~
Time lapse
~~~

'Why am I here?'

'Because Steve, you need to feel better on a day like today. Now I know that you miss Na-'

'Can we not mention her please'

'Why hit a nerve have I?'

'No I do not want you talking about her like that'

'Why? Are you worried she would be jealous knowing you are on the phone to a mysterious woman on a day like today?'

'No it's just you don't deserve to talk about her with me. I don't even know you'

'Cut the crap Steve. Just do as your told. If Nat was still here what would you get her for Valentine's Day?'

'I always wanted to get her a bracelet with a star and a spider that said forever and always on it. I actually had one made at a shop here. I haven't got it though'

'Well then what are you waiting for? Go and get it!'

'Why?'

'Because it is a memory you can hold on to a cherish forever'

'Okay'

I go into the shop and the owner recognises me instantly and pulls out a red velvet box 'your order captain'

'Thankyou' I pay and leave the shop quickly.

'Okay so now what do I do'

'Head to the beach that stretches outside the mansion'

'But the sun is about to set'

'Perfect'
~~~
Time lapse
~~~

I pull up at the edge of the beach outside the mansion and reach for my phone.

'Okay I'm here. Now what?'

'Look left' I look to my left and see nothing but a stretch of road

'There's nothing to my left'

'Where are you?'

'At the edge of the beach'

'Walk further down towards the waves'

'Why'

'Just do it!'

'Okay' I walk down till I am a few metres from the waves crashing to the shore.

'Now what?'

'Look left' I look left and see nothing

'There's nothing there?'

'I mean right. Sorry' I look to my right and see rose petals scattered on the floor in red and blue and white just like my wedding day.

'There is just some rose petals. What kind of joke is this?'

'Follow the roses captain' I walk along the soft sand following the endless trail of flowers and finally come to a stop at the end. 'I'm at the end'

'Okay now look back towards the mansion'

'There nothing there. What's going on! I'm going to hang up if you don't-'

'I'm sorry okay I promise this is it now. No more jokes'

'Show yourself' I hear a deep sigh and grow anxious

'Turn around. I'm at the end of the pier' I turn to see candles lighting up the pier and a figure at the end.

I start to walk closer and take in the persons vaguely familiar features.

Perfect curves.

Olive skin.

Smaller than me.

Fiery red hair.

'Hello?' Then my expression falters and I rub my eyes to check I'm seeing straight.

She's standing there in denim shorts and a captain America top. My captain America top, rolled up. Her eyes are as green as emeralds and her hair as red as the symbol she ever so gracefully wears.

My love. My light. My world. Standing before me like she never left.

'Nat? Is this a dream?'

'No rogers because if it was I would be awfully disappointed with all the pain I have been through of dying, reliving and losing you'

'Nat!' I run towards her and she jumps into my arms wrapping her legs around my waist and arms around my neck before capturing my lips in a searing kiss full of passion, lust, desire and mostly love.

We stand there for ages sharing each other's breaths and holding each other close. We finally pull away and the sun has set.

Our eyes are dark, our lips swollen and our breathing uneven.

'Nat, I love you so much'

'I love you to Steve forever and always'

💜💜💜