ten

And there she was, dancing in the rain

Her hand outstretched begging me to grasp it, I could feel the muscles in my face tugging up into a smile, a genuine smile.

Her laugh rang throughout my ears, as I ran towards her.

Everything turned black before I could reach her, the sound that soon evaded my ears was treacherous.

"Easton! Please help me!" She screamed.

The car, it's on fire.

Burning flesh was all I could smell as I put my hands on the car door, the burning sensation felt throughout my whole body. But if I could save her, then everything would be okay.

Black.

"It's okay Easton, you couldn't save me." She whispered, standing in front of me before the wind slowly wisped away her body.

As if she was air.

"No!" I screamed in agony, falling to the ground.

"No!" I yelled sitting up, breathing heavily on my bed.

Nightmares.

I could feel the cold sweat running down my back, as I stood up from the bed. Taking a few deep breaths I walked towards the bathroom and turned on the shower. I don't know what time it is and I don't exactly care, I need the feeling off of me.

I stripped out of my clothes, leaving them in a crumpled up pile as I stepped into the shower. The cold water hit my face before I turned, letting it run down the backside of my body. The cool water drained any last emotion I felt.

All the anger, resentment, sadness, fear, it all went down the drain with the water.

I wrap a towel around my waist when I step out, walking to my closet. All the clothes are pretty much the same, I don't have much variety nor did I ever really need it.

I grab a pair of black slacks, along with a navy dress-shirt, I won't be staying here long.

The house has an eerie silence to it, it has for a while now. It's the kind that is so uncomfortable you can feel it in your skin, and you can hear the silence running through your brain.

I lock the door behind me, not taking a chance at anyone waltzing their way in without me. I changed the locks every couple months, I know several people who are determined to ruin my fucking life and my father is one of them.

I climb into the driver's seat of my car, turning it on. The warm air coming through the vents, the weather was starting to completely cool down as it does every year. Soon there would be snow, and then rain.

Pulling out of the driveway I head towards the city, I have never been one to like living within the city. Why would you want to deal with traffic and noise when you could live on the out-skirts where it was silent, and the stars were visible.

Before I even reach the city, I hang a right down a dirt road. Axel and I had the same mindset, why live in a shit filled city. He is an extremely private person, and pulling up to his house I'm sure you would realize it.

It's not big, but it's also not small. It's a perfect size house, there was more than enough room for another person to live, but it never seemed as he thought about it. The dark exterior of the house blended in with the overcast sky.

I turned the car off before slipping out and closing the door, without taking any steps towards the house, I can hear Lily running from somewhere on the property.

She loved it here.

She jumped up on me, her tongue attempting to lick my face, as she snorted.

"Yes, hello Lily, I missed you too," I smiled, as she jumped down and laid on her back, as if she was begging for some love and attention. I crouched down and scratched her chest and stomach, giving her head a pat, I stood up.

Looking towards the front of the door, Axel stood with the door open, I watched as Lily got off the ground and ran into the house.

"Come on, I have some coffee on!" He yelled, before leaving the door open.

It's more awkward coming here than it is having him at my place. There is just some upbeat presence within his home, compared to my house, there was no home in my house.

I slipped off my shoes, closing the door behind me. The white marble floors run along the entryway of the house, it feels as though I'm walking on water. I find my way to the kitchen, pulling out a stool, and sitting on it.

"So what did you need to talk about?" He questioned while pouring some coffee into a mug, placing it in front of me.

"I don't know if I can go through with this Axel," I confessed, running a hand down my face.

"I am always willing to take your place," Axel suggested, taking a sip of his coffee as if what he said hadn't been a life altering decision.

"Do you want that?" I questioned.

"No, but-" he started.

"Then no, we have already gone over this." I shrugged. "Can't exactly back out now."

"Let me the fuck out of here!" Megan screamed from somewhere in the distance.

I looked over at Axel, "why is she here?"

"I couldn't find a place last night, so she's in the basement, it's better than some bloody cell," he confessed while shrugging.

"Watch her Axel, we are not going through this shit again," I grumbled. Looking down at my phone, there was a singular very angry text from someone who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Roman: Where are you?

I rolled my eyes, before standing up, sliding my chair in.

"I gotta get going, you know the whole marriage thing is waiting for me," I confess.

"Take Lily with you, it'll ease your mind at least for a little while, and then when you're done, just bring her with her when you drop by the base." He suggests grabbing her leash, handing it to me.

Lily got up from her position from the floor and started wagging her tail and walking towards the door.

I walk over the door slipping my shoes on, before opening it letting Lily run free. I make my way over to the passenger side and open my door before calling her. She comes running full speed and jumps onto the seat making me chuckle.

Lyla sure knew how to pick a dog with such a big personality.

I pull out of his driveway in the direction of my house, Lily looks out the window at the trees and sky as I continue driving. Pulling up into the driveway there are at least 6 vehicles, who the fuck needs that many and for what reason did they need that many to come here?

I shut my car off before turning to Lily, "May the lord have mercy on us." At least she seemed cheerful.

I open my door climbing out, and Lily impenitently pushes me out of the way to run around. I can see where she is headed and I know that this won't end well.

There is a group of people admiring the flowers outside the front of the house.

Before I'm able to reach them, a woman screams.

For fucks sake Lily, the lord won't have mercy on us now.