six . . . "wanna race?"

⎯⎯ chapter six.

"OH, WINIFREDDD! YOUR FRIENDS are here!" winnies older sister called from downstairs. she put her natural hair into a high afro puff, as she grabbed a pair of sunglasses.

she had worn jean shorts, a tank top and her (bills) flannel, and her vans. she also had her bathing suit on under because they were going to the quarry.

the thirteen year old girl rushed down the stairs quickly, almost tripping in the process. "bye y'all, see y'all later!" she exclaimed to her family.

she got her bike from the backyard and she caught up with her friends. the thought was constantly on winnies mind, she knew it was kinda weird being the only girl in the group, but it was okay because they're her best friends and she loves them so much.

"hey winnie, you wanna race?" richie looked over at her. winnie had hesitated before she nodded, because in their previous races, winnie always scraped up her skin on some body part.

they both stopped and the other three boys kept peddling. "1... 2... 3... go!" winnie shouted, putting her heart and soul into that race. shs peddled as fast as she could, she was convinced she was gonna win this time.

but when they were starting to get close, richie started to catch up. she mentally groaned and peddled faster, but damn, richies legs were longer and faster than hers. bad news for her, the fucker won.

"ugh! fuck you rich!" winnie exclaim getting off her bike and letting it fall on the ground. "when and where?" he smirked cockily. "never and ever." she mocked him, smirking while walking over to the cliff where the rest of the boys were.

she stood next to bill and stan. she knew exactly what they were about to do, but she chose not participate in their little game ever since eddie accidentally spat on her

after everyone spat, richie declared that he won - which he did - but eddie wanted to disagree and argue with him.

"what- what is mass?" "who cares how far it goes? it matters how cool it looks, like if it's green or white, juicy and fat." they argued, but bill stepped in.

"who's first?" he held out his arm. they all looked at each other before looking at winnie.

"of course y'all want me to go. it's always me that has to go first, like what's up with th-" she had gotten cut off bye a feminine voice.

"i'll go... sissies." the voice stated. they all turned back and saw beverly marsh unbuttoning her dress. winnie rolled her eyes in annoyance.

she ran and jumped off the cliff. winnie didn't like her.

"what the fuck! we just got shown off by a girl!" richie shouted. winnie looked at him. "i meant a girl- like a girl who does things with boys, i mean." he tries to clear up before winnie pushed him off the cliff with a laugh.

then they jumped off, one by one.

times like this were the best. they were splashing each other with water, playing chicken, swimming, fighting, and so much more.

'bust a move' by young MC was playing on the radio that was set in between beverly and winnie. the two girls were lying down, sunbathing. it was no other sound but the music. it was a little too quiet.

winnie turned her head and she heard movement. those little perverts.

she had put on some flavored lipgloss before sitting up and lifting up her sunglasses.

the girl looked over at bev and saw her gaze on bill and ben. winnie was jealous, and she let her jealousy get the best of her. she stood up and sat next to bill.

"hey stutters." she smiled, showing off her black braces. "h-h-hey braces." he stuttered out, smiling. "how's it going?" winnie asked.

"g-good. my ho-home life i-i-isn't the best rig-right now. wh-what about y-y-you?" he explained.

"good. but cameron keeps coming in my room in the middle of the night because she gets these nightmares that her and ge-" she stopped herself from going on, it was sensitive topic of his brother and she hated mentioning little georgies name so soon.

"i-it's fine. go on." he smiled, making her look down. "she keeps having these dreams about her and georgie. she said that in her dream, she-" she had gotten cut off by ben talking about derry and a folder being passed around, which really caught their attention.

next thing they know, they're all scared and going to bens house.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

-cupidshearts , c. 2023.