Chapter Four

Rayne POV:

I slowly walked into the interview room where my stalker sat.

He slowly looked up and gave me a bright smile.

"Hey." He said softly. "I'm here. What do you want?" I asked. 

The crazed look in his eye had faded lightly. I saw contentment as well. Content because I was in the room with him.

"I just wanted to speak to you one more time. I wanted to let you know that I love you." He said.

"Stop sayin' that. You're obsessed, not in love." I growled.

The way he looked at me scared me. He didn't care how I talked to him. His eyes never left mine from the moment I walked into that room.

"What's your name?" I asked. 

His smile faded into a frown.

"I'm not tellin' you that." He replied. "Why not?" I asked. "I like watchin' you squirm, baby." He said with a small laugh. "Don't call me that!" I screamed at him.

"You're just a freak. You're a freak who stalks, tortures and kills people. Now I'm goin' to walk out that door and never think about you again." I told him. 

The man grew angry. 

"I will never let you forget me. You'll never get rid of me. I will see you again, and I don't care what I have to do to do it." He said, darkly.

"Guard, I'm done." I called out. "Like hell you are!" He screamed as I was escorted out of the room.

The man continued to scream for me to come back.

Detective Long was waiting for me on the other side of that door.

"I got nothin'. Why won't he give up his name?" I asked.

The detective shook his head and looked back at my stalker through the two-way mirror. 

"I don't know. We'll pry it out of him eventually." He replied.

"Can I go?" I asked. "Of course. Thank you for your help." Detective Long said. "I didn't really get anything." I replied. "You might have and just not know it. Maybe he will even talk." He replied.

"I know you're back there, Rayne! Come back and talk to me!" My stalker screamed.

"I'm leavin'." I said and quickly headed for the door my car.

I drove straight to the hospital to be with my brother again.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Oz asked. "I just hope I never have to see that son of a bitch again. I didn't like talkin' to him." I told him as my hands shook.

"He's gone now, Rayne." He told me with a slight sad tone in his voice.

"I'm so sorry about Lacey, Oz. It's all my fault. I should have stayed away." I said with a small sob. "I told you this isn't your fault Rayne. I don't blame you for any of this." He replied.

I wiped my tears and look back to him.

"Do you need anything?" I asked. "I'm okay for now." Oz told me with a small smile trying to make me feel better.

I should be trying to make him feel better, not the other way around. I feel like I've been so selfish and felt like I was taking advantage of my brother's kindness. 

Look where that got him...