chapter 1: introduction

Sarah? Sarah Peters. She's just a normal student. Casual. A casual student at Hogwarts. Her house is Slytherin, she's a prefect who plays quidditch and she has just begun her sixth year. She and her friends are on their way back from Hogsmeade, talking about what seems to be the only thing people talk about these days.

The fact that Harry Potter died last year at the end of the Triwizard Tournament.
"I still can't believe it guys." Sarah sighs.
"It's just so sick, he was just in fourth year and I mean that could've been your brother, Eve."

"I know Cherry, don't you think I know? Don't you think he knows? Don't you think he is fully aware of the fact that he could've been Harry Potter? Don't you think he partly blames himself? Don't you, Cherry? Sarah can agree on that, she spent all summer at our house."

"Sorry Eve." Cherry mumbles and they arrive at the castle.
"Hey! Sarah? Where are you going?" Eve wonders as Sarah walks a bit in front of them.
"Bathroom, I'll meet you up in the common room later." she answers.
"Don't get lost again." Eve laughs and Sarah walks forward while her friends goes down the stairs.

"Peters." someone whispers in her ear and she turns around to face Cedric Diggory.
"Hi." she blushes and takes his hand. Quickly he lets go of it.
"Not here." he quietly says and starts walking towards the entrance again.

"Where are we going?" she asks.
"Hogsmeade."
"I just came from Hogsmeade."
"And I've been inside the castle all day."
"Oh come on, I'm tired of walking."
"Sarah, I'm sick of this castle."
"Please Diggory, it's cold too."

"Alright, if you want you can go downstairs to my little sister again."
"Oh shut up, stupid."
"I'm not stupid, you are."
"Idiot." she says and starts running towards Hogsmeade. "Last one there!"

Cedric starts running after her and when they're almost there he catches her in a hug from behind.
"Cedric! I almost won."
"But you didn't." he laughs and she turns around to face him.

She leans her forehead against his.
"Nobody is around, we-" she smiles and he interrupts her by pushing his lips against hers. Their lips collide and out of surprise she loses her breath for a second and then she kisses him back instantly.

Cedric lifts her up and she wraps her legs around his waist as she places her hands around his head and continues kissing him.
"You taste like butterbeer." he says afterwards.
"Told you I've already been to Hogsmeade, we went to Three Broomsticks of course."

"Peters, we're buying butterbeers." he smiles and he starts walking, still carrying her.
"Let me down, right aw-" she hisses.
"Calm down." Cedric laughs and let's her down to the ground. She takes his hand and they walk into The Broomsticks.

Cedric orders two butterbeers and they sit down next to each other at an empty table in one of the corners.
"I think we should tell Eve." Sarah suggests.
"Bloody hell, are you mad? She'll hate me!"
"So you also thought of it."

"Of course I have. But she'll hate me."
"Well she'll hate me too. At first, I'm sure she'll accept it. Please, she's my best friend."
"And she's my little sister." he says in a high pitched panicky voice.
"Okay okay okay."

"She'll figure out everything about this summer, she'll think we're betraying her."
"We... kind of are... I guess? By not telling her... Are we sure she doesn't know already?"
"She doesn't. She would treat us differently."
"Yeah that's right. And besides there is no way she would know."

"Unless she stalks you."
"What?" Sarah exclaims.
"I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding." Cedric laughs and they continue drinking their beers. After some silence Sarah finishes her drink and then she just looks at him.
"So have you talked to Professor Dumbledore yet?" she wonders.