The Calm Before the Storm

It had been weeks since she and Albus had spoken. Weeks. Whenever she needed to handle something for the school he sent notes or his patronus. He had even changed the gargoyle's password without telling her and frankly Minerva McGonagall was getting fed up with his childish games. Not knowing which staff member would actually know the password she went down to Severus' office, knocking once before entering she sits down. "I suppose you've finally given up trying to guess what it is then." the younger man observes with a smirk, "Filius has been here twice trying to get it out of me, so I can only assume he's playing cupid again. I know the password, Minerva, however I think you should just let him calm down. Half the school thinks you two have been married for decades, you know, and he always indulged the rumors. He'll get bored and come down." he continues before Minerva loses her patience.

"I can't wait, he has a school to run Severus, I need that password! I don't care about our personal relationship! As far as I'm, concerned its irreparably ruined. But he still has a responsibility to Hogwarts." "True I suppose... but how do I know you won't just go up there and hex him?" Severus asks, looking at her with a smirk, knowing that she just might do that. "Because I don't wish to duel a overly powerful and very senile wizard..." she mutters. "And? There has to be something else." he responds gently. "And I love the old coot, alright Severus? Just give me the God forsaken password and let me be on my way." chuckling he gets up, "Flammel, the password is Flammel." he relents still chuckling as she bursts out laughing as well. "I should have known that! Christ alive! Thank you Severus." she says curtly leaving his office before he can stop her. Not really thinking of where she is going she winds up almost back at her quarters, stopping she begins thinking quickly, now she needed a plan. To get him to listen to her. But without knowing what she would be greeted with when she entered his office she had no way of knowing what to prepare herself for.

He might lose his temper, he could be humble and insufferable like always... he could pretend like none of this happened. With that last thought in mind she sets off to her quarters, hoping that wouldn't be the case. Quickly going inside she sits down by the fire. In just about 30 minutes she finally had her plan, and it would work, after all she had almost been placed in Ravenclaw. Grinning she quickly leaves her quarters to get some help.

ʚɞ ʚɞ

"I'm aware Bathsheda but your the only female staff member that's wise enough not to gossip. And your the closest thing to a maternal figure I have these days." Minerva says, sitting across from the older woman. "Well as glad as I am that you think that of me Minerva I still don't think it's wise to help you, I went to school with his brother. We're old friends, I don't want to cause any trouble anymore." the elderly Runes Professor says sipping her tea slowly. "Bathsheda, please." Minerva repeats. Sighing Bathsheda gets up, "Fine let me think for a moment, if you want to seduce the poor fellow..." "Thank you." Minerva mutters as Bathsheda looks at Minerva rather thoughtfully, "Don't thank me yet, Albus was damn good at spotting lies back in the day." the other woman responds.