What Now?

Shortly after getting a knock on his door both the Headmaster and his life long friend are sitting across from each other. "If you love her, Albus, go get her! You only live once! And if she is willing to take you back then by Merlin let her take you back!" Filius Flitwick squeaks before instructing a pawn to take one of Albus' bishops.

"If only it was that simple, Filius! I broke her heart walk-" He was cut off by the tinier wizard. "And you are breaking her heart even more so, by staying away. You insist that you never want to hurt her but that is exactly what you are doing, man! Get yourself together!"

"I have got myself together!" The older wizards snaps. "I hate seeing her like that! I do, really! But if Tom was-" He stops. "When Tom comes back, it will only be a matter of time before he finds out I am involved with Minerva. That is the ONE risk I refuse to take. AT ALL." The finality in Albus' voice tells Filius to drop this subject and fast, but he has something in mind...

ʚɞ ʚɞ

Filius smiled, his plan after about three weeks of preparation, was finally coming together. The new term had started swimmingly and both Minerva and Albus where not terribly busy as to be bothered with his... plan. He was just about to be at Minerva's office when he actually walked in on the younger witch, crying. "Minerva?" He asks slowly. "My friend, are you alright? Surely the Weasley twins haven't gotten to you this quickly? It normally takes them a few months." The small wizard says, slowly making his way towards Minerva, who was now quickly wiping away her tears. "No, nothing of the sort Filius. Just suppressed a yawn, that's all." She says stiffly.

Filius looks at her and his features soften just a bit. "Minerva, you know he's a stubborn hundred something year old wizard set in his ways, right?" He asks softly. "Y-yes." She replies, the quake in her voice obvious. "Then, why pray tell, are you crying over him? You know I am the equivalent of cupid when it comes to Hogwarts staff and love! Just look at Poppy and Sybil!" The wizard says trying to cheer her up. "I don't want you trying to shoot your magic arrows at me and Albus, Filius. It would only drive a wedge between the two of you."

"Hm, perhaps." Filius agrees slowly. "But if the two of you get together you will both be thanking me when the grandchildren start coming around..." He says smiling. "CHILDREN!?" Minerva shrieks. "Well yes, you are only 56 after all, one good fertility potion and you should be goo-" Suddenly a book goes flying past his head. "I WILL NOT TAKE A FERTILITY POTION, YOU STUPID DWARF!" Minerva shrieks. "Oh but Albus will want at least 8 or 9 children." Filius muses trying to keep from laughing, while Minerva storms out pissed to hell and back. "Well it looks like someone forgot her potion this month..." Filius mutters aloud sounding rather amused.

ʚɞ ʚɞ

'I can't believe that good for nothing, short arse wizard! To assume that I would have children! At this time in my life? Oh hell no! He is sorely mistaken! I ought to go back there and-' Suddenly she hears a voice behind her, a soft, kind voice that could only belong to the man she happens to be madly in love with. "Minerva? Minerva my dear, you look upset." Albus says softly looking down at the currently puffy eyed Deputy Headmistress. "What on Earth is a matter?" He asks softly.

"Everything..." Minerva mumbles, her voice cracking. "First I find out you've loved me as long or longer than I have. Then Filius seems to think that he can just throw us together because he seems to think he is cupid. Then he tells me that we're going to get married and have children, I mean seriously! Children? I think he's lost his mind, Al-" , suddenly she stops, "Albus..." she says quieter. "Yes, my dear. You seem to be having more than a few issues. Perhaps some hot chocolate and a game of chess will calm you down a bit?" He asks, as if their friendship hasn't been on the rocks for more than a few weeks.

Minerva looks up at him for the first time since they started talking. "A-" she sighs. "I would like that Albus. I would like that a lot actually." Albus offers her his arm and together they walk down the corridor, both of them unaware of a small wizard doing a small jig, because his plan seemed to be working, so far.

ʚɞ ʚɞ

As they walked arm in arm with each other, Albus and Minerva settle into the comfortable silence that always follows them when the only thing one or the other needs is the other. But it isn't long before Albus gets an odd idea to take Minerva to the Mirror of Erised. Quickly shaking that though out of his head he continues to lead her down the hall... to the Mirror. Getting frustrated he stops suddenly and removes his arm from Minerva's grasp. "What the ruddy hell is wrong with me!?" he mutters to himself angrily, starling Minerva. "What do you mean Albus, you seem fine..." Minerva murmurs slowly, Albus on the other hand shakes his head. "I did not mean to startle you, Minerva my dear. I just seem to be having thoughts that are not usually my own... And it most likely has something to do with the uh 'Stupid Dwarf' you where angry at not just 20 minutes ago..." he quietly explains, trying to get his frustration and anger at himself under control. "Well... do you want to talk about these thoughts?" Minerva asks, looking up at him with a face full of concern.

"I wouldn't want to burden you with it my dear. I just think it's best if we continue on our way to my office and have that chess game I mentioned earlier." he responds with a small smile, "And anyway, I usually have thoughts that aren't my own, perks of being a Legilimens." Albus adds casually as they continue to walk. "Albus Dumbledore! You are not using Legilimens on the staff and students!" his walking companion exclaims spinning him around with quite some forces to face him, "Tell me you are not!" silence, "Albus you arse!" she exclaims while attempting to shove him in a playful manner. However even with Minerva's reflexes he manages to catch her arms. With Minerva this close Albus was having to fight his own mind, "I don't but it would be entertaining to know just how many Arthur's and Molly's we have in school these days." he responds finally with a smirk, "Percy is just like his mother." she says with a shake of her head, not bothering to remove herself from Albus' grasp. "With that being said though, I don't want to think about those days. Every other week Pomona or Poppy or myself found Molly and Arthur dancing the horizontal tango... I don't want to imagine what Percy does during his rounds, at all." Minerva adds quickly, causing Albus to snort. "Yes true, after all he does look a little to much like Septimus for my liking..."

"Albus! That should not be the reason you agree with me!" she exclaims, even if she is giggling softly. "Ohhh, the great Minerva McGonagall is reduced to giggles." he teases softly. "Yes, well I wouldn't be reduced to giggles if your a daft old man with no sense." Minerva mutters, blushing softly. "Hmmm, well if I am going to walk up on somebody with their pants down, I don't exactly want to walk up on someone that looked like Septimus."

"Well, I thought that Septimus was rather good looking towards the end, very distinguished in his old age..." Minerva muses and begins to walk off, "Are we having our chess match or not?" she asks over her shoulder, "After all we've been standing in the hallway for almost thirty minutes and I have to get my sleep eventually, being a teacher and all." she adds over her shoulder, Albus quickly begins to walk after her grabbing her wrist, "You found Septimus attractive?" he asks in a low voice. "Mm, no not exactly... Why? We're not together and he's dead, does it matter who I find attractive? I happen to find several people attractive, Alastor, Horace, in his own way, hell Amelia..." she trails off, still not facing him. "It does matter! I love you Minerva! So yes, it matters to me! Why the hell should it not bother me that you find other people attractive, the only person I find attractive is you!"

"I don't think we'll be having that chess game, I happened to have just remembered that I have some grading to do, Headmaster." Minerva says quickly and coldly. "Wait, Minerva! Damn it woman, this is what you wanted wasn't it? Me to love you?" Albus says angrily. "I don't love a person that decides to play with my emotions. Good night, and go. To. Hell." Minerva mutters, Albus on the other hand grabs her again and quickly presses her against the nearest wall, thoroughly kissing her.

ʚɞ ʚɞ

Walking quietly through the corridors, Fred Weasley did not expect to find his Head of House and the Headmaster snogging in the corridors of Hogwarts yet here he is shell shocked watching the two snogging. 'Bloody hell, that's Professor McGonagall! I need to find George and Lee quick!!' he thinks to himself, until he trips and falls over his own robe. "Ah fuck!"