Sex ~ -3-

• Dedicated to Sarah Ald

-3-

My eyes had drifted closed sometime during the night and my body was still hauled in that warm protective ball against his chest as we both fell asleep.

I moaned twisting onto my side, squinting as the sun shone against my face and it was then that I became aware of the thumping in my head, the hammering coming from my brain and the weak pain around my muscles as I moved my hand over to my eyes.

“Crap,” I muttered feeling the full hang over from last night- “OH CRAP!”

My eyes flew open and I shot up straight in the bed staring up to the front before jumping out gripping the sheets to my body as I turned to see the other side of the bed . . . empty?

But it wasn’t a dream, there was no way that was a dream!

The pain that shot through my abdomen was proof. One of my hands wrapped around my stomach and I bent over slightly groaning out in pain at the sudden stabbing pain.

Oh god! Kylee! What the hell did I do?

But something else was burning, something inside my ribs, my heart. Why wasn’t he here? Was I really that bad that he had to go?

“Hey.” My heart raced once again at the familiar voice itching closer and the sound of the bedroom door clicking shut. I looked up, my eyes widening at the sight of him.

His chest was on show, and his hair dripped with water as a thin cream towel was the only thing around his waist.

Awkward silence fell on us again and I averted my eyes still clutching the sheets to my chest as the pain began to ease but the pleasure of last night rushed back of what we had done, what I had allowed to happen!

Kylee . . . I slept with her boyfriend!

But he could have stopped it! I mean, I was completely drunk! He wasn’t that drunk!

What’s the use on blaming him though? I was part of it too and I-I slept with the boy I’ve been in love with for years!

“So, you’ll go home act like normal and not mention a thing to your sister right?” Ok, now that was a bomb shell!

My head snapped up and just like that, my heart broke slowly crumbling to the pit of my stomach.

Out of everything that’s happened, I’d rather him continue to ignore me not knowing I exist then hear that.

“W-what?” I shuttered trying, begging that I had heard wrong!

But what was I supposed to think? We were gonna be together suddenly? That I'd have a happy ending just because I gave myself to him?

“Well you didn’t think anything right?” His lips were tugged into a half smirk, and half panic. “I mean, last night was great but it was a mistake. You were out of your head and looking fine and, and Kylee wasn’t there, we both made a mistake. It doesn’t mean anything though.”

Tears were stinging the corner of my eyes and I felt as though everything was pushing down on me, my whole world slapping me at every angle, there was no way anything could form from my lips!

He must have seen because his smile died down and his eyes turned worried with a frown of confusion.

“Look, we didn’t know what we were doing I- what did you think?” another hit, another painful hit.

I felt ashamed, worse I felt dirty and used!

He took a step closer as I stumbled back catching the hint of pain in my eyes.