Chapter Four: Breaking Protocol

Okay so this is long, feel free to skip the bolded words, I don't think anything is particularly need-to-know for the story.

The following stuff in this book is new stuff from me, stuff from the other side of my sickness. I'm still not 100% but doing 'better'... lately. Knock on wood and all that. Still don't have a name for what happened/happening to me so no telling what the future holds.

So, anyway umm... Well, I'll be honest, my notes were never good and the fact that this series relies very heavily on me, the author, knowing the background timeline that doesn't appear on page, (things like exact ages of people and what is going on during gap years and how non POV characters are feeling at certain points.) And I for the life of me can't find the exact date of a certain event that causes the events of this book. Not like directly but that event's time of happening is what dictates when some things happen in this one... Idk why I'm being vague, Mave's death is important to this story, so I gotta know when that happens and I can't find it! The math is wrong in previous chapters or I'm missing something.
Now back to being vague. I went through everything I had written for the four books, and I found some plot holes, major ones for two characters in particular and I could find no other way to continue without knowing dates to Mave's death and Vast going into a coma, but specifically Mave's death. It was driving me nuts and the following few chapters was almost impossible without this knowledge.

So here we go a bit of retconning.

OLD TIMELINE: The twins are found at age 13, spend 4 years learning from Mave and Josh and then shit hits the fan. These 4 years would have taken place within the 10-year gap at the end of Toxic Hero. The chapter in Super Normal called Brother's Persona is slotted to begin half a year after Mave's death. (THIS Does not work for REDACTED *cough cough* well that was weird...)

NEW TIMELINE (I think): The twins are found at age 7, get to train with Mave for 4-5 years before Mave's death. Then another 5-6 years pass before Brother's Persona. This gives REDACTED plenty of time to REDACTED so yeah. The twins are still 17; the ages haven't changed at all, aside from making REDACTED literally 1 year older because the timeline at REDACTED's childhood is super tight! Literally no breathing room they need to be born on a very important year or they simply couldn't be born since their birth happens right before a massive plot point.

Now my math skills are terrible, so once all is said and done, I'll release my timelines for those curious.

On another note, or two:

I noticed there is conflicting information in the previous chapters about IF Sefarious and Miss Fortune kill. I want to make it clear that Miss Fortune hasn't been connected with any of the killings but there has been murder linked to the pair's group of goons and Sefarious in particular.

And, I had been using this weird thing where I had each twin use the other's nickname the whole time in their respective POVs to sort of give each their own voice; yes, this is being incredibly lazy. But It's been a while and I now hate both of the twins' nicknames, SO until I find new names that are cute, endearing and have rhyming nicknames, I'm completely dropping it and both names are going to be written out no matter the POV, but nicknames will still be used in appropriate dialogues.

Finally, I am just noticing that the current city the twins are in hasn't been named and my shotty old notes don't mention any real places that were being used for inspiration either. But, in Toxic Hero's second draft I have renamed New Orleans, Toxic's City, to Riverbrae. The twin's city is now Unity City because I like the idea that the place sidekicks, and by subsequent heroes, are trained was founded after the emergence of super powers and is ran by the Labs. London where Angel and Demon are set up and where Vast and Clover were born has been renamed to Callastead. Yes, I like rivers, okay?