Chapter Four

Wendy walked up the stairs and down a long hallway. On the walls of the hallway, there were photos of all of the employees under the company. At the very start of the hallway was S.E.S, and the end of the hallway was æspa.

Wendy knocked on the door. "Come in." Lee Sooman said, Wendy walking in and bowing before taking a seat.

"I'm glad you came Wendy. I would like to discuss your future in this company." Mr. Lee said, smiling. "Yesterday when you came in, I looked over your record. You're a very talented woman. But unfortunately, your skills just aren't for our major groups like æspa, NCT, SHINee, and the other popular groups under this lable." Mr. Lee said, Wendy nodding.

"So I'm not good enough for them or what?" Wendy thought to herself.

"But, we do think you have amazing talent when it comes to more Indie and R&B songs. So, I'm very happy to say you've got the job!" Mr. Lee smiled, clapping. Wendy's stomach felt weird. Was this real?

"But, you need training on how to deal with idols first. There have been many times when artists disagree with their producers, and sometimes the songs don't even get released due to disagreements. The songs stay in the drafts!" Mr. Lee continued, Wendy nodding yet again.

"So, for now, you will be a manager for 2 of our artists." Mr. Lee said, taking Wendy aback. "A manager? Mr. Lee, I'm not so sure that I'm cut out for that position." Wendy said. It felt like she was on a rollercoaster. She was so excited at first, but now, her excitement had died down.

"I'm positive that you have it in you, Seungwan." Mr. Lee smiled, standing up from his seat. "Now let's go meet the lovely ladies you'll be managing, yes?" Mr. Lee said, Wendy nodding and standing up as well. "Yes, I'd like to meet them now." Wendy replied.

♥︎

Mr. Lee walked down the stairs, Wendy behind him. As he walked onto the 1st floor of the building, everyone turned heads and greeted him. Left and right, it was "Good evening, Mr. Lee!" "Nice day today, isn't it Mr. Lee?" And "Looking good today, Mr. Lee!". All Wendy could think of was wow, these guys are total suck ups.

"In this room, is Irene. She's a part time singer and full time actress. She just starred in the movie "Double Patty" last year!" Mr. Lee said as he opened the door, Irene holding a microphone and reading lyrics off a white sheet of paper.

"We're planning on having her sing an OST for a new melodrama coming out next week." Mr. Lee continued, Wendy staring at Irene. She was insanely pretty.

He closed the door, walking to the room right across from Irene's. "This is Seulgi's room. The rooms are right across each other, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find them. Rooms 2B and 3B." Mr. Lee said, opening the door.

Inside the room was Seulgi with her earbuds in, dancing like nobody was watching. "Seulgi is a dancer for this company, occasional model. If we need an extra for a music video, she's the girl. For example, if we need Taemin to do a dance solo but he needs an equally talented dance partner, Seulgi is called up." Mr. Lee said, Wendy nodding.

"So, when do I start?" Wendy asked. "I can start any time this week." Wendy told the older man. "You can start tomorrow then!" Mr. Lee said happily, clapping. "Tomorrow? Excellent!" Wendy smiled. "Goodbye, Wendy. Meet me in my office at 8 AM tomorrow." Mr. Lee instructed, Wendy nodding and waving goodbye.

Once Wendy left the building, she rested her back against the wall, sliding down slowly.

"What have I gotten myself into?"