Chapter 8: A Crack In The Wall

Reina felt the water devour her, her eyes tightly shut and her body sank deeper and deeper into the lake. Suddenly her excitement turned into a moment of panic and she jumped, gasping for air. The sun shone brightly, not a cloud in sight. The trees brushed from side to side and the wind seemed to be much louder. But apart from that nothing had changed. The lake, the forest, the bridge in the distance, it all looked the same. Her panic grew as she looked around for Gloria who was not there.

'Is this another trick?' she thought to herself, until two people jumped right out of the lake, gasping for air and laughing. She gave out a sigh of relief.

"Well I believe we haven't met," the strange creature was nearly twice her size, with beautiful long hair and muscular features. He looked down on her and must have sensed her discomfort as he tried to gave out a warm smile, "I'm Montgomery."

"I-I am Reina. It's nice to meet you!" She said, rather abruptly, trying her best not to stare.

At that moment another boy came out of the lake, shaking his hair left and right. Almost giving her a fright.

"We doing introductions?" his voice sounded familiar.

"Arthur. Arthur Rayland." He gave a quick nod and started walking out of the water before she could give any response. His name sounded familiar too.

"Oh, um...Nice to meet you," she replied, still in shock. Although he didn't seem to take any notice.

'Arthur...Rayland. Arthur-"

The cat?

"Come on, I'm so tired of this, let's get out of here," Arthur gave out a groan and floated up into the air like it was the most normal thing to do, "I'm not waiting for you lot."

The cat.

Gloria let out a groan of annoyance and yelled at him from the top of her lungs. Reina gasped and nearly tripped back out of surprise from the sudden explosion.

THE CAT?!

He looked down and was gone in a flash. Her head was spinning from all the mess she found herself in and started to feel sick. Her cheeks turned red and there was only one thing that she could think of throughout their whole journey. He was a bloody cat.

"See, that wasn't so bad was it?" Gloria winked when they seemed to have reached their destination. 

She looked around there was a group of little children screaming at the sight and ran towards Gloria, who jumped from joy by seeing them. Meanwhile, Montgomery instructed her to follow him. She felt a little nervous to go but Gloria was having so much fun with the children that she couldn't ask her to go with them. 

She walked slowly behind him, looking at the little houses and the children playing. It seemed to be a playground for children. Nothing seemed odd. Well, for the most part. She was shocked to see Gloria's toyshop as well, where the centaur was leading her. 

She had never felt more awkward or embarrassed in her life. She didn't know how to react, what to say. Her anxiety was peaking and her introverted self was beyond exhausted.

The Gremlin's Toyshop.

Reina realised she couldn't remember the name of the other shop. There were certain things out of place, while others were normal. Every time her brain wanted to deny it, she would remind herself that she was walking next to a centaur. That was definitely something.

"How much do you know?" Montgomery asked.

"About what?" She asked back.

"I guess not a lot then," Montgomery sighed and slightly raise his eyebrows out of concern, "Come on, go get changed."