CHAPTER 17:A FLEETING YEAR.

News reached my ears.

That crown prince Aqhstala was coronated as the king of Qieghrt Empire.

Well...it was given. Since almost a year has passed since I have been here in Ernte.

A lot has happened during this one year of time.

First, the ambush that I had laid for Zeke and that darn Aqhstala left a sweet taste. Rhaskhiz, as expected of him, he was able to gravely injure the mighty male lead of this world. That bastard prime minister wasn't spared from injuries either. Though the result was a bit annoying since Zeke with the help of his contracted fairy queen deserted the valley with two injured men. Although no harm came to Zeke, I was very satisfied with the fact that both Aqhstala and Thartuye, that darm prime minister, were gravely injured.
Regarding the coronation of the new king, I knew it was gonna happen. The late king was barely breathing all these years. Right after he passed away Aqhstala was made the king, revealing his real identity to the world.

It caused quite an uproar throughout the kingdom. Since, the public knew Zeke as the crown prince of Qieghrt. To suddenly reveal the real identity of the true heir, it was bound to cause confusion amongst the public. Ofcourse, there were some witty individuals who had doubts about this matter.
Aqhstala, who was the Infamous adopted son of the general who had fought several battles reigning in victory turned out to be the real crown prince, while the infamous prince Zeke was a mere meat shield for the royalty. Prince Zeke, who was loved by the public was conferred the title Hero for his service to the royalty as the real blood heir took the throne.

People knew Aqhstala as Youh Liding, but now they were introduced to his real name, Aqhstala, an unfamiliar name. They had every right to be confused about it.

Since then, I stayed at Ernte as a representative envoy of the villain's empire. Due to my position as an envoy from the Zhevyrt empire, Ernte has been very welcoming to me. It took me a year to finish what I started here. Now, I had no worries left for this place. The kingdom of Ernte had more than enough reservoirs. There was a sophisticated network of canals,  water tanks and wells laid in different locations within the empire. The crops that I had planted were sprouting. The flora was brimming with greenary.
Zhevyrt and Ernte have always had a friendly relation given their historical alliances in the past. However in the original, due to the drought incident Ernte broke off its friendship with Zhevyrt and instead formed an official alliance with Qieghrt empire. Later, Ernte served as a important vassal to Qieghrt, playing the role of an important bridge for Qieghrt in the battles that were to come.
Well.....this was unlikely to happen now since the drought won't affect the relatioship between Zhevyrt and Ernte.
So, my work here was done. I was sure now that I have gotten rid of the drought plot armour of the protagonist.

I smiled staring at the huge expanse of the little kingdom from the hill top. The reason behind this pleased smile was not only the success lying in front of me. There were other reasons as well.

For example, the naval base of the Qieghrt Empire in the north sea of Rune had fallen into ruin.

Or, that, a political feud between the Island of Chitz and Qieghrt empire regarding the ocean trade route has caused strain in the relationship between the two.

I smiled. That was my doing. I had given the villain an entel about the secret military base of the Qieghrt empire which was yet to be revealed to the public. Ofcourse, I kept my identity under the waters.
The naval base was brought to ruin under Rhaskhiz's leadership. He and his men had attacked the secret base of the Qieghrt Empire in the north sea of Rune.
As for the feud regarding the ocean trade route, I was trying to create some friction between the two empires but who knew the result would be this big.

This morning I had sent a letter addressed to Rhaskhiz. It was time for me to seduce the villain little by little, with everything I have.

From where I stood, I saw a huge thing appear on the sky far away.

Upon looking closer I was genuinely surprised.
Because the rider of that magical wing horse was none other than the man I had written to this morning.

Rhaskhiz.

My eyes followed him. As he drew closer, soon he was near enough.

BOOM!

Now, I must test the waters first.