𝟬𝟮. 𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝗺

CHAPTER TWO petrified for him

CHAPTER TWO
petrified for him

             — EVAN ROSIER WAS IN THE eyes of many witches and wizards nothing short of mesmerizing. From his earliest days, he possessed a mane of golden locks that cascaded effortlessly, framing features that seemed sculpted by the gods themselves. His piercing eyes were bluer than the deepest oceans, while his smile revealed a set of perfectly aligned, gleaming white teeth that seemed to be radiating light.

   He was the epitome of a "pretty boy," a title bestowed upon him by students at Hogwarts or whenever he was mentioned in Witch Weekly, though it often tinged with jealousy or resentment.

   Evan had a good amount of admirers trailing in his wake, he found himself the subject of his parents' ambitious marriage plans from the tender age of twelve. Countless pureblood girls clamoured for the opportunity to be betrothed to Evan, begging their fathers eagerly to arrange a marriage.

   However, despite the pressure and expectations placed upon him, Evan managed to negotiate a different arrangement with his parents, sparing himself from a fate dictated by tradition and pedigree.

   Evan's allure extended beyond girls his age. Since he was a child, older witches would shower him with compliments during balls and gatherings that bordered on the inappropriate. Using words such as,

   "What I would've done if I was a girl your age. . ."

   It left him feeling uneasy and disconcerted, to say the least. . . Even during his first year at Hogwarts, he found himself subjected to similar advances from witches a few years older than him.

   Evan embraced life at Hogwarts with abandon, indulging in parties, drinking and girls — everything his parents could never know about. This was the essence of his teenage years, and he wouldn't have had it any other way. Alongside his closest friends, Regulus Black and Barty Crouch Jr, he found joy in laughter and camaraderie.

   Yet, beneath his carefree facade, lay the weight of hidden truths and the scars of familial expectations, a burden carried by many pureblood children like him.

   Behind Evan's laughter and playful façade lay buried scars, hidden so deep that even those closest to him could never uncover their depths.

As buried treasures lost in the depths of the sea, wounds that remained unseen, their presence known only to the whispering winds and silent stars.

    AURORA POTTER'S BEAUTY wasn't just skin deep; it was inherent, untouched by her metamorphmagus abilities, which she rarely used — and especially not to enhance her beauty. Despite her natural charm and the fact that she perhaps could've been the prettiest girl in her year. . . any boy who dared to approach her faced the wrath of James Potter's pranks and threats, much to Aurora's chagrin.