𝟬𝟭. 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"And where have you been all night little sis?" Aurora's older brother, James Potter, sprawled across her bed with a cheeky grin after she sneaked back into her room

Sirius Black, lounging beside James, decided to throw in a dash of mock seriousness. "Sneaking out now, are we? Such a bad girl," Sirius playfully scolded, his tone laced with amusement.

James chimed in with exaggerated concern. "Our dearest Mum would be absolutely horrified if she'd come to know, Rory," he said. Aurora glared at the two boys sitting in her clean bed.

"Poor Mia when she'd find out her only daughter who was supposedly a good girl — actually was as thick-headed as her brother," Sirius added jokingly, his eyes dancing with amusement.

"I'm not thick-headed!" James exclaimed dramatically, giving Sirius a playful shove off Aurora's bed, feigning offence.

"Careful, Prongs, or I might just push you down the stairs," Sirius threatened with a smirk.

"I'd like to see you try, Padfoot." James hopped off the bed, and a playful chase ensued, temporarily forgetting the need for stealth.

"Enough, you both look like dumb children," Aurora scolded, drawing their attention.

The two boys sheepishly returned to the bed. "Now, where were we?" James wondered aloud.

"At the part where our dear Rory spills the details about her night," Sirius chimed in, adopting a mischievous grin.

"Or we might have to tell Mum and Dad," James said, eyebrows raised in a theatrical threat.

"And imagine their disapproval," Sirius continued, hamming it up. "Our little Rory, not so innocent anymore" he added with a wink.

Unfazed, Aurora fired back confidently. "They wouldn't think anything because you two, won't dare say a word. Otherwise, I'll tell our parents how you two have sneaked out almost every night"

James and Sirius exchanged amused glances. "That won't stop us from telling them, Aurie," Sirius teased, using the nickname he knew she hated. "—Unless..."

"Unless what?" Aurora questioned, intrigued.

"—Unless you tell us what you were up to tonight," James declared with a twinkle in his eye, as if she was about to unveil some grand secret.

"So that's it, you just want to know what happened and then you'll leave me alone?"

"Exactly," James replied, with less excitement than a minute before. The thought of his sister coming home late at night didn't sit well with him even if he joked about it.