𝟏𝟏. 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒

HER eyebrows furrowed at the sound of the home phone ringing, shuffling herself towards it from the couch

"hello?" she muttered, feeling uneasy from such a late call in the night.

"why the hell did my mom just tell me that you're coming over for dinner this weekend"

her face cringed together at the sudden loud shout, bringing the phone slightly away from her ear. she let out a huff, chewing on her bottom lip to encourage herself to talk to the familiar voice.

"she just asked me, and i couldn't say no"

"yes, you could have"

"no, i couldn't"

"yes"

"no"

"yes!"

"no, charlie. that would've been rude, and unlike you, i was born with manners" she growled, narrowing her eyes as if he could see. she heard a scoff from the other side of the phone.

"don't come over. you aren't welcome"

"charlie, don't be rude to her" she heard a shout from the other side, most likely it being his mother. the two family members started to bicker, whilst eliza just sat back and listened to the ridiculous chatter of charlie, who was trying to fight his mother on this.

an annoyed sigh was heard from the other side, "be here at 7 on friday" he lowered his voice, a small smile coming onto her face from his lose.

she quickly hung up, charlie doing the same. she wasn't particularly happy about going to the conway household on friday, but she didn't mind.

now, charlie, he couldn't deny his nerves and excitement were high. it'd be a lie if he said he still hated the banks girl. maybe, it was a small crush, that would hopefully pass in time. or, it was something more. something worth his time, and restless nights.

the week went by quickly. it consisted with awkward study sessions, that will thankfully, be put to an end monday. charlie's mother, casey, had offered to pick her up and bring her home, since her father was running late, but she only denied, saying she'd just walk.

at the time, she was preparing herself for the meal. she wanted to look decent for the family, as casey had mentioned that they'd be joined by a friend of the family.

after finishing hair and makeup, she swiftly slipped on a skin tight black dress, with dark tights to match, pulling on her white converses to sport.

a sigh of relief left her mouth as she was finally finished with her look, spraying on some quick perfume, before rushing out of her bedroom door.

"dad, i'm going out with friends" she yelled through the house, getting a subtle 'okay, be safe' back. she was able to order a cab before leaving, which she did so, since it was a cold night.