𝐨𝟕. 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

THE day after charlie and eliza's lock-in was tense

THE day after charlie and eliza's lock-in was tense. they had passed one another in the hallways, occasionally making eye contact. eliza and charlie both knew that at some point, they'd have to talk and see each other again for the science project.

in all honesty, eliza wished she could just fail it. but, she knew her father would be angry with her if she failed this project, so she only obliged to his hard lectures. the night eliza arrived home, everyone was asleep. but once she woke up, she was spotted by the four men sleeping in the home.

skyler and adam gave her concerned looks, barging her with questions on where she was last night, while her father just scolded her, telling her to not be out that late again without him knowing. rick, he only sat back and watched. he kept sending apologetic glances eliza's ways, which she tried to return, but failed after her father would yell at her for not paying enough attention.

currently, eliza was walking home from hockey practice, her brother beside her. the two had been silent the entire time. he had seemed to have something on his mind as well, but eliza wasn't sure what. all the banks female could think about was charlie, but she wasn't sure why. maybe it was the nerves building up in her, reminding her she has to study with him once again.

soon, the banks household came into view. the twins both quickened their steps, entering the home and going their separate ways. eliza sat herself in the marble, black and white kitchen. she placed her book bag on stool beside her, opening it up to reveal multiple books from different classes. she began with math, the current class was she failing.

as she focused on the task at hand, putting her lips between her teeth, chewing on the bottom lip. she was thankful knowing her father wasn't home right now, with him being on a business trip for the week, it was calming to have him gone. rick and skyler were staying for two more weeks, then heading back to school.

thank god, her christmas break was coming up. the whole point of the science project was to work over it during that time. which means, the entire time she's supposed to be enjoying a great time of year, she'll be dreading it with the person she hates most in the world.

her angry thoughts were ripped away by the sound of the front door closing, eliza knowing instantly someone was either entering the home, or leaving. she assumed it was adam, as he usually was busy during after school times. she let out a heavy sigh, listening to multiple voices up in the older banks room.

oh, they had girls up there.

her face cringed together, wanting to get out of the home as quick as she could. she twisted herself around the stool, making her way to the wall phone. she quickly put in the number, feeling a pit form in her stomach of nervousness.

she quickly cleared her throat, hearing the other side pick up. "hello?" the voice of charlie conway boomed through the other side of the phone, his phone deeper than usual. 'did he just wake up?' she thought, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.