Chapter 6

After a fantastic meal filled with lots of laughter and getting to know one another we all settled down to watch True Blood.  I noticed that all the boys were laughing and rolling their eyes at the show.  That was until there was blood shown.  At that precise moment all three of them stiffened.

“Guys?  What’s wrong?” I asked looking at them.  When no one answered me I stood up in front of the TV.  It was then I noticed all of their eyes turning a crimson red and they were looking at me like a piece of meat.  “D.J. what is wrong with your eyes?”  Still no answer.  I walked over to him and kneeled in front of him placing my hands on either side of his face.  “Bubby please answer me.”  At that he looked into my eyes and touched my hands.

“Penny please back away.  I don’t want to hurt you,” he said with a slight growl to his voice.

“No Damien!  Tell me what’s wrong right now,” I exclaimed holding his face tighter.  “I’ve not ever left you and I don’t plan on doing it now.”

“I’m telling you to get away now!” Damien growled.  His eyes began turning darker and I saw fangs protruding from beneath his lip.  He looked between my face and my neck, licking his lips hungrily.  “Penny I don’t want to hurt you, but you smell delicious and I am just so hungry.” He looked once last time at my neck and as he began to lunge I felt him being pulled away from me.

“What are you?” I asked my voice quivering.  “What have you done to D.J.?  Why does he say I smell delicious?” I began to get hysterical. 

“Penelope, love, please calm down.  If you give us just a moment to allow D.J. to feed we will explain everything,” Roman said reaching for me.

“Feed?!  What do you mean feed?” I asked backing away from him.

“He just needs some sustenance so he doesn’t hurt you,” Roman explained taking a step towards me.

“D.J. wouldn’t hurt me!  You’re lying,” I yelled reaching the door.  I quickly yanked it open and began to run.  I ran until I reached the lake.  I sat down by the water’s edge and began to cry for my friend and the betrayal I felt.  I don’t know how long I had sat there when I felt a presence behind me.

“Go away and leave me alone,” I mumbled hugging my knees to my chest.

“Penelope I cannot do that without properly explaining what just happened with D.J.,” Roman said laying a hand on my shoulder and began rubbing circles with his thumb.

“Roman what happened to my bubby,” I asked my voice thick with tears looking out across the lake.  “Why did he try to attack me?”

“Let’s walk to a place that is very special to me and I will explain everything,” he said extending a hand to me helping me off the ground.

~*Author's Note*~

I'm sorry to everyone for taking forever to upload, but this past year has been crazy.  I will be uploading on this story every Friday.  I estimate there will be 50 chapters in all and a possible sequel (debating turning this into a series).  Also if you go to my profile there is more information on other stories that will be uploaded in the near future.  Remember to keep reading and commenting (I love hearing from each and every one of you).

Thanks for being patient with me.  <3 you all,

S.A. Kirby