━━━ 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Dear Lily Evans,

At this point, do you even know what the word 'yes' is?

I mean not to say that you're daft, or anything, but you seem to only be able to answer 'no' to all my questions- at least you know the word 'no'. I think you should try responding 'yes' to a question one day, specifically if I'm asking it.

Not much happened again this year, except that we got permission to go to Hogsmeade- legally at least, us Marauder's' (Sirius, Remus, Peter and I have been going there since second year, under the invisibility cloak and through secret passageways). 

That's the reason there was always a swift and quite literally multiplying source of butterbeer and firewhisky, how else would we get it? The house elves would never give it to us, there would be no way (though there's no harm in trying...).

I guess its fun, being able to go with permission, not a chance of detention (unless something happens in Hogsmeade... like when Sirius lit off fireworks in the pub which spelt 'FLOWER SAY YES'- that's of course you, Evans. Also, he got detention for that, but that's a long story for another time). 

I guess the exhilarating thrill of almost being caught by Mrs Norris is fun, though that's why Filch (not Mr Filch, as Remus tries to make us say, we aren't going to suck up to him) finds her stupefied sometimes- that's on Sirius, not me.

Moving onto homework- a thing that just wants me to jump off the astronomy tower sometimes. I have better things to do than predict my deaths for the next year (though perhaps it is my fault for picking Divination).

I know you chose Arithmancy and perhaps Ancient Runes- a much smarter choice, as they are subjects which are actually useful. I do Arithmancy as well, though you should know that, we sit relatively close to each other (you're only two seats ahead of me, but you knew that).

Remus tried to make us do Muggle Studies, then at least he could help us with it- being a half-blood and his mother being muggle born, it was perfect opportunity for him to help us (more like cheat).

Peter chose it, as well as Divination, didn't have the heart (or will) to choose the 'harder' subjects- the ones your doing, that twat. We would've helped him! Swear on Dumbledore's beard.

The only reason Sirius didn't do Muggle Studies is because his dear ol' mother would have gone bloody ballistic. He didn't want to be kicked out of the house just yet, he still needs food and shelter (though he could just live with me... I'll go tell him that).

Remus chose three subjects! Yours and Muggle Studies- yet, he still seems to have the least amount of homework out of all four of us. He seems to like homework, though that being the bane of my existence, it's hard to believe (but it's Remus, so not really).

I think we're getting too much homework. Definitely gormless of the Professor's to give us that much homework, I already have Quidditch practice on top of it! Its not like we have OWL's or NEWT's any time soon...

Anyway, now we can go to Hogsmeade, you should just say 'yes', at least once, instead of going with your room mates. They all seem to have dates most of the time, somehow, at least they know how to say 'yes'.

Be my friend? Please?

Love,

James Potter