Arc 0: The Start

Since Jin Wenyan had woken up, he had been looking around the lovely and tranquil bedroom, invaded by rays of sunlight. It had taken him a moment to realize that this was all just an illusion. His eyes contained slight disappointment at the discovery. 

Jin Wenyan, a hardworking assistant of a boisterous CEO had died while getting groceries. He was on his break but it seemed that the break was short-lived. 

He sighed while he continued looking around, he somehow was so calm in this situation. It seems his CEO being noisy and annoying came to pay off his debts. Jin Wenyan managed to be calm and patient throughout the situation and before he knew it, a knock was heard from outside the door, a monotone voice followed.

"Host, have you woken up?" 

"It seems I am your host?" Jin Wenyan simply answered back with a question, he was smiling indifferently at the door that was opened by him.

There it revealed a tall man with a muscle-like structure, blonde short hair, and grey frosty eyes. He had tan-colored skin, his gaze was cold and his entire being emitted an aura one would be frightened off. It sent shivers down Jin Wenyan, and before he knew it his shoulders were held tightly by two large hands. 

Surprisingly, it didn't hurt him but simply glued him onto the ground for a while.

"You are dead." the tall man abruptly said and Jin Wenyan looked at him still with a serene expression.

A sigh escaped out of those soft plump lips, "That indeed is a bad thing."

The man flinched subtly but with Wenyan's hawk eyes, he clearly saw it. He smiled even wider. The large hands that were gluing him down were finally letting go, a deep sigh echoed throughout the room and hallway.

"This host is really troublesome." the voice wasn't monotone anymore, instead it became low and normal, very human-like, he sounded like a real person now. The so-called host just simply brushed it off with a soft chuckle.

"so don't make me angry." Wenyan teased the man before laughing quietly.

"I thought host would be...calculative and quiet." the man grumbled like a child, 'oh? it seems that his facade is cracking.' Wenyan thought before replying.

"well it looks like you're wrong." his smile was gentle.

"Host...you really don't care that you're dead?" the man finally asked, his mouth was turning downwards.

"Death would come eventually...what is the point of crying because of it?" the so-called host spoke, his eyes were frosty and the tall man for once thought they were truly distant from each other. 

He soon recovered and spoke, "Host is truly remarkable, to not even be fazed by death. It seems I had found a treasure." His lips slightly curving up and his eyes were anticipating more to come.

"then it is a pleasure...working with you." Wenyan smiled and had extended out his hand to the other man.

"I am not named, host. You can name me whatever you want." the other replied, he accepted the extended hand and shook it.

The two had let go after that handshake, a sign that they'll soon start getting to business. The man was quietly waiting while the host thought seriously, his eyes brightening up by a potential name.

"what is it, host?" the man saw those eyes and curiously asked.

"Tian Feng!" he excitedly said out loud pointing at the curious man's face.

"huh?"

"that's your name now...Tian Feng" he chuckled and looked at him eye to eye.

and as if one cue, the other man smiled and nodded slowly, so his name is Tian Feng now, huh. He smiled brightly at the thought of finally being named.

"then Feng Feng, explain will you?" Wenyan was already sitting on the bed patting the space beside him smiling gently like always.

"of course." Tian Feng swiftly went beside his host and started to explain.

"Host ever since you died, you were bound to be my host." he started and his host nodded, "Since you are my host, we will be traveling together in different worlds and universes. Your purpose is to go inside the bodies of characters in different worlds and the character you may reside in could be that of a male lead, second male lead, villain, or even the cannon fodder." he looked right into his host's eyes and it seemed as though the other had a question so he stopped and waited.

Wenyan smiled at the understanding man, he finally inquired with pure interest, "Why am I doing this?"

Silence took over the two men who were sitting down on the bed.

Tian Feng coughed awkwardly and finally replied, "it is a must, host. The higher-ups took quite a liking to you. Particularly someone..." he mumbled the last part, and luckily his host didn't hear.

"valid. continue."

"ahem. Well...after going inside and residing in a character's body, you must finish missions that are given to you unless you want to be punished by the higher-ups. You absolutely CANNOT be OOC nor hurt anyone unless it is needed for a mission, if you had a valid reason it will be fine, host." Tian Feng explained and emphasized the last sentence.

"mh...go on."

"You will not be going inside bodies alone, I will come with you and reside in a body that is close to the character you will be controlling. It is more preferable that way." Tian Feng ended that sentence with a huff and he looked eye to eye with his host, "there will be system stores for you available for use but you will have to use points that you will earn when finishing missions. Some may be pricy but when exchanged, you will not regret."

Tian Feng fully stopped talking and Jin Wenyan knew he had finished explaining, he spoke satisfied, "thank you for the information, Feng Feng." he smiled gently and patted the other's hair. The other smiled softly.

"Then let's start." Jin Wenyan looked at Tian Feng, the other nodded in understanding.

And just like that, he blacked out feeling excruciating pain all over his body as he fell onto the fluffy bed. He smiled knowingly before blacking out that Tian Tian had also blacked out. He was ashamed to say that he liked it, that he wasn't the only one feeling this cruel feeling.

***

A/N: Thank you so much for reading the start of the new system story! I hope you will enjoy!!