𝟎𝟑𝟑: 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐎𝐧.

"Saylor, wait up!" Rafe shouted at the girl and as soon as she heard his voice she sped up her pace

"Saylor, wait up!" Rafe shouted at the girl and as soon as she heard his voice she sped up her pace. He groaned and waited a while before she was out of sight to jump into his bike. It took a short 2 minutes to pull up next to her. "Get on the bike!"

"What on earth makes you think I am going anywhere with you!" She spat as she continued walking with him trailing next to her.

"It's getting dark and I'm not letting you walk these roads on your own"

"Stop doing that!" Saylor yelled desperately.

"Doing what?" He asked confused.

"Pretending that you care about me." The Routledge girl finally stopped and looked at him.

"I'm not pretending princess" Rafe told her softly. The nickname rolling of his tongue so easily and both of their faces fell at the realisation he had used the name.

"You hurt me Rafe, you promised to protect me. And you hurt me." She whispered through her voice cracking as tears now ran down her face.  Rafe raised his hand to wipe her cheeks but she flinched and he pulled his hand back quickly.

"I know, and I am so sorry. I hate myself for it." His voice now cracking too and his eyes welled with unshed tears. "You were the one thing I had that made me happy and I ruined it. I ruined us."

"I loved you Rafe" She announced without a hint of doubt in her voice.

"I loved you too, I still do." This earned a scoff in response. "It's true! It's the reason I got so annoyed when I saw those hickeys at the party! It's part of the reason I take so much shit! I need to forget! Forget what I did! Forget what I lost!" He was now raising his voice and she was backing away. "Do you not see that?! You drive me crazy!" He slammed his hands against the handles of the dirt bike.

"Rafe." She breathed out slowly scared of what he might do next.  He was completely loosing it. Snapping between the kind and lovable version of himself to the angry kook within seconds. It hurt to watch the boy she used to love fall apart and she knew she shouldn't but she felt partly responsible. What if she had done better? What if she had told him how much he meant to her more?

"Just, Just get on the bike!" He told her sternly shaking his head. He saw her walking toward him and felt a rush of hope and faith that this was a sign she was forgiving him. Little did he know she was shaking violently and only going with him out of fear of what would happen otherwise. She hesitantly wrapped her hands around his waist and he smiled to himself. "Where too?"

"The wreck" she mumbled. He made his was quickly but safely to the wreck happy to have his girl back with him, completely unaware of the tears rapidly falling down her face and the urge to throw up.

"I left my hoodie in the van, imma go grab it" Pope told the remaining pogues as they sat eating fries on the table. As he walked out the restaurant the last thing he expected to see was his best friend walking towards him in floods of tears and Rafe Cameron speeding of on his dirt bike. He immediately assumed the worst and ran towards her.

"Did he hurt you?!" He asked her desperately searching her body for any marks or bruises. Saylor shook her head and he pulled her into his chest holding the back of her head. "What happened?"

"He told me to get on the bike, I was scared of what he would do if I said no" she spoke quietly into his chest feeling embarrassed. She stepped back and looked up at him. "He told me he loved me"

"Son of a bitch." He groaned through gritted teeth. "We got the drone" Pope told her in hopes of raising her mood.  She nodded absent mindfully. He wiped the tears from her cheeks and unlike with Rafe she didn't flinch. She knew she was safe with him. "The others are inside. They have been waiting." Pope softly grabbed the girls hand and guided her into the restaurant. A smile replaced her frown the second she saw her brother dancing with Kie.

"Let's dance." She was now pulling him by the hand. "Miss me?" She sang to the others making her presence known.

"Always do." Her brother smiled.

"Come on Jay, dance with me and Pope" she curled her finger and motioned towards herself. He rolled his eyes but there was secretly nothing he wanted to do more.

JJ held one hand Pope held the other and they jumped around twirling each other. Saylor held the brightest widest smile as she danced with quote on quote "her boys". Soon after she ditched them to dance with Kie.

The boys sat back down and watched the two girls dance with each other giggles escaping as they sang the words wrong. "Look at our girls" JJ spoke happily to the other two. Then all three of them turned to look at each other with smiles on their faces just to quickly turn back and watch their girls in admiration.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ