𝟎𝟏𝟖: 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝.

"Are you pushing?" Pope huffed to the other two pogues that were trying to open the tomb door

"Yeah, I'm pushing." John B replied breathing heaving.

"Come on!"

"Hold on. I got it." JJ said confidently whilst rolling up his sleeves as if that would make him stronger.

"What in the toxic masculinity is going on right now." Saylor whispered to kie who giggled in return.

"Maybe this will be good for them, yanno to let all the testosterone out." She whispered back earning a hum in response.

"This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge." Pope announced.

"We didn't come this far to get this far, all right. We got this." The blonde encouraged.

A hissing noise then had the 3 boys jumping backwards from the tomb.

"Whoa!"

"A snake!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"That's a moccasin, all right. Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass." JJ stated before barking loudly at the snakes trying to scare them away.

"JJ, shut up. Shut up!" "You're gonna wake the dead, man." The others protested.

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man." He defended himself.

"Gosh you guys are such pussies." Saylor grinned whilst stepping out from behind the group. She bent down and gently grabbed the snake moving away from the group to where it couldn't get  hurt. The others watched with there's mouths gaped open. "What?" She shrugged casually. "Oh man, I creased my trainers."

"You never fail to suprise me" her twin stated as he patted her shoulder. "We're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go." He sighed giving up hope.

"I can get through." The wavy haired kook Pogue hybrid announced shining her torch into a hole in the top corner of the tomb.

"What?"

"No, no, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through the hole?" John B asked unsure.

"Of course she can, she is a skinny legend." His twin now patting his shoulder this time.

"Thanking you for your kind words"  Kie smiled at Saylor before turning back to John B. "Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I really don't believe in it, but you both deserve to know the truth. I'll do it." She reassured with sympathy in her voice. The Routledge girl felt her heart bludge hearing that after not having anyone care for so long.

"Give her a boost." John B instructed JJ and Saylor moved to stand next to pope resting her head on his shoulder.

"You good?" He asked her calmly.

"Yeah, just tired." She smiled back.

"I'm gonna boost you, all right. I've seen it in the movies several times. Ready?" JJ asked Kie whilst placing one knee on the floor ready to boost her.

"Aww is he gonna propose." Saylor joked to Pope.

"Remind me what we're looking for." Kie turned to John B as she placed a foot into JJs cupped hand.

"You'll know when you see it." He replied.

"That's not helpful at all John B." His twin sighed.

"All right, on three..." but Kie had already leapt out of his hand and crawled through the small dark gab. "Okay, never mind. Just forget about three."

Saylor had disassociated the entire time her female best friend was inside the tomb as she suddenly felt all to overwhelmed with everything that's happening in her life. She still needed to get Ratter and Daniels their money, her dad was dead, Rafe knows she is on the island, her mother could come and take her back, her dad is dead, her dad is dead. Her dad is dead.

"Oh, my God."

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ