part 7

-It's short. Whatever

That same day, when I was going back to my room, I saw visitors for the first time in Alex's room. Usually when I passed, he waved, but today, he stared at me with a blank expression, but his eyes told me to ignore him. I couldn't obey. There was a man and a woman standing next to his bed. The woman had a dark complexion and a mint in her mouth. The man was tall and thin, almost wispy. His entire being was gray. Gray hair, eyes, even his skin had an unhealthy gray tinge to it. He looked like he had just walked out of a grave. The man turned around to see what Alex was staring at and caught my eye. I was beyond terrified and glad when we were out of the way. I wished I could know more, but everything was a mystery.

In the next few days, he told me he didn't want to talk about those people. I respected his wishes. He was getting better at walking a lot faster than I was, he could walk the entire length of the boardwalk without support of the beams now. In some ways I was jealous, in others, I was proud of his accomplishment. I told him so and he jokingly replied that I was a nerd.

I was about to be released soon and he was too, but I made myself promise that I would be brave enough keep in touch with him. He was gorgeous and perfect, but what really mattered was that he was his rocking personality. He was sweet, sarcastic, hilarious and overall an awesome person. I still got unnerved by his prescience, but I loved having him as a friend. Hopefully he thought of me in the same way, as a good friend.