-38-

((^song has dark themes and very loud static))

((It appears I've made an oopsy, so I'm clearing a couple things up! These are characters, not theories or info based on the cc! They are a mix of cc traits, my limited knowledge of dsmp/osmp characters, and made up stuff!))

((CC Ranboo uses he/him, this is a character. Sapnap, Fundy, and any others mentioned in the future, are not trans irl, as far as they have stated. Just like CC Wilbur does not have an ed, and has not known Phil/Kristin, Niki/Fundy, etc, as long as story implies. Thank you))

Wil POV

((Warnings: ed, brief mention of sexual assult and cheating (relationship), abandonment?))

Wilbur had seen a couple of the others go back to check on the group, but wasn't really sure what happened. All that he knew was that when he drove them back to the office, y/n seemed to be doing better than he had been earlier. He didn't know why, but wasn't complaining, just glad it seemed to have helped some.

Now here he was, sitting in the empty living room and waiting out the time. Phil and Kristin had headed off to bed, but he wasn't quite ready to sleep yet. Sapnap had gone out to the car, and Fundy and Niki were back in the other room.

Or.. were.

Niki peaked around the hallway, seeming relieved to see Wil out there.

"Hey Wilbur," she whispered as she crossed the space between them. "You doing ok?"

"Yeah, just a bit worried about y/n," he said, even though he knew that wasn't what she was referring to. Maybe if he played dumb, she'd assume everything was fine and leave it at that. It was silly, but worth a shot.

Niki sighed, sitting next to him. Well, there goes that plan, right out the window along with his dignity.

"You know you can talk to me," she simply said. She wasn't wrong there.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," he sighed. "Thank you."

To say that Niki had been supportive, that telling her had been a major help after his biggest relapse to date, that she was kind and understanding and just overall incredible, would all be understating the matter.

Phil had been the one to encourage telling her, and he'd be forever grateful for it. Of course, Phil couldn't have known the extent to which he needed it at the moment, that he'd just lost the most supportive friend to do with the matter he'd ever had just days before calling him to get help.

He'd never felt more alone. He knew it was the right thing for her to do, he promised that he understood that when Cole had told him that she would be leaving to go properly 'all in' in her own recovery, but it didn't make the loneliness sting any less. At least it left him with one less person to disappoint.

He'd made it through that, and he'd make it through this. Besides, no one knew about her. No one knew a lot of things about him. No one knew about that night in the back of a car by the beach. No one knew about how the girlfriend he'd found a couple years later was constantly cheating on him. No one knew he'd been no better. No one besides Cole, that is.

He shook it off. No use dwelling on the past.

"I just want you to know that, Wil," she assured. "You don't have to talk about anything you're not ready to, just know that I see you, and I see that you're struggling more than you're letting on right now."

"Just a little stressed," he half-lied, gaze fixed on the floor. He knew that whether she believed it or not, she'd accept any answer he gave. She was more than he deserved, in that way. "Phil knows," he added, hoping she'd read the meaning into it.

"That's good," she smiled gently, patting his shoulder. "I just want you to know, I'm just a word away." She turned to more directly face him before speaking again. "Do you need a hug?"

He laughed, blinking away half-tears and nodding. Without hesitation, she held him, squeezing with more strength than someone might expect out of her.

"I love you," he mumbled, wrapping his arms around her.

"I love you too, Wil, don't forget that."

((Friendship))

((Yes, Niki was the third person Phil was referring to))

((RECAP: Essentially, Niki is person 3. Cole is the individual Wil spoke to online. Separate people))