Welcome To Nashville!

So just a brief authors note. I know I lied and said I would have posted a couple weeks ago but life has got in the way and I also lost the notebook this was written in. But I found it and I am going to try to start updating more frequently but I'm not making promises I can't keep. Hope y'all enjoy this!!! 😘

Eleanor's POV
Today's the day. Ice got everything of mine packed up and I'm moving to Nashville. My parens had a going away party for me and pretty much all my family is here.

"So Eleanor, what are you going to do in Nashville?" My uncle asks.

"I really don't know yet, I've never been there so I don't know what there is." I replied.

"Oh there's lots to do there, we'll find her something." Shay said coming to my rescue.

"Well with. O real talent or college degree she won't be much help or really be able to do anything. She could always work at a fast food joint again, if they'll have her. He replied and started talking to my aunt.

That hurt, way to make me feel confident.

I tried not to let my uncles rude comments ruin or effect my day but it wasn't working, shay noticed.

For the rest of the day he kept me close to his side and I kept pretty quite.

Shay's POV

The party dwindled down and we started picking things up.

I found Eleanor washing the dishes and she was still really quiet.

"Hey you." I said wrapping my arms arms around her from behind and resting my head on her shoulder.

"Hi." She whispered.

"I wanna talk to you." I said pulling her away from the sink."

"But I'm not finished." She said trying to walk back to the sink.

"Well I'm sure your mother won't mind if I steal you away for a little bit, now will you?" I asked looking at her mom and smiling.

"No, not at all." She replied.

I pulled Eleanor to the family room downstairs and sat us both down on the couch.

"So what's up?" I asked, starting off slow.

"What do you mean?"

"What did I see earlier. Why does it seem like your uncle hates you?"

"Oh you saw that huh?" She said nervously chuckling.

"Yah so what's up?"

"To be honest, I don't really know. Ever since my parents divorced he stopped talking to me. It's almost like he blames me." She said crying.

"Oh sweetheart."

"And I feel like it is my fault, they constantly fight about things I've done and how I've been raised. It..."

I cut her off before she could continue.

"You listen to me. Their divorce was not your fault, if they were meant to be together then they still would be. You did nothing wrong so you need to stop telling yourself and letting yourself believe that you did."

She nodded her head sniffling.

"It's been a long day, let's go get some sleep." I said pulling her off the couch and helping her upstairs.

Eleanor's POV

"Wake up sleepyhead." Someone whispered.

"No go away." I groaned and swatted at the person."

"If you don't wake up I'm going to tickle you." He said.

Shay wouldn't do that because he knows I absolutely detest it.

"You wouldn't dare."

A second later his fingers came in contact with my sides.

"No please stop." I yelled.

"Not until you wake up." He said laughing.

I was laughing and playfully trying to push him away when something just clicked and brought back horrible memories. I froze and started hyperventilating.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" He asked when he noticed my shaking.

"Please get off me." I whispered.

He carefully did and I scrambled up and over to the corner of the bed. I brought my knees to my chest and started trying to calm my breathing.

"Baby I'm so sorry." He said once my breathing got back to normal.

It was like I couldn't speak, I just looked at him and hoped he understood.

"Can I come closer." He asked.

I nodded my head, he slowly crawled over to me and gently wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I relaxed into his touch and laced my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry that he did this to you. He has hurt you so much , I wish I could just take all your pain away." He whispered.

I just intertwined our fingers and kissed his cheek.

~In Nashville~

Shay's POV

"So this is it!" I exclaimed unlocking the door to my or should I say our house. Eleanor looked around smiling.

"I love it."

"So I was thinking of doing some unpacking then showing you around, how does that sound?"

"Yah that sounds fine." She replied.

We got her most of the way unpacked when we both decided that we'd had enough.

"Are you ready my lady?" I asked in quite possibly the worst British accent ever.

"Why of course good sir." She responded in an accent just as bad.

~After visiting a few local spots~

"Hey let's grab some dinner then head home, we can watch a movie." I said smiling.

"Oh you know my weakness, lead the way sir."

"What are we going to watch?" I yelled upstairs where she was.

"Just hold your horses and wait and see." She yelled back.

I just chuckled, she's too cute. Finally she came running down the stairs smiling like a kid on Christmas. She put the DVD in the player. Enforce I got the chance to see what it was. She grabbed her food and snuggled up next to me on the couch. The opening song to "A Christmas Story" started playing and she had the biggest grin on her face. Throughout the movie she was laughing and quoting her favorite parts. By the time the ending scene was playing she was sleeping peacefully with her head resting on her chest. I took a picture then kissed her forehead.

"Sweet dreams sleeping beauty."

I carried her to bed and fell asleep.