𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝖲𝗎𝖻𝗆𝖾𝗋𝗀𝖾𝖽
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Drowning.

Y/n was drowning.

She didn't need to breathe but that didn't make her predicament any less frightening. She wasn't worried for her life. Y/n wasn't at all in danger at the moment.

The one who was in danger was the limp man in the water. He was dead, y/n knew that, but something within her just wouldn't accept that.

He couldn't be dead.

He couldn't possibly be dead.

Y/n remembered his smile curiously as he showed her a map of Teyvat, chuckling at her bright eyed expression.

She'd failed again.

N̶̳̘͎̱̹̝̭͐̇̌̈́́͗̔̂́͗a̵̛̠͛͗̔́̌͐͗̈̚o̵̭̖̟̭͓͔̬̅͑̀̈́̿̄̾̑͘͝

The machine paused in her movements, lifting a hand and pressing it against her forehead with a small frown.

It was when she felt something wet on her head that she remembered her hand was dirtied with blood.

Y/n frowned, 'What was I doing again?'

She glanced over her shoulder and her dull eyes gained back some color, "Oh... that's right..."

She cast a bitter look at the swordsmiths, wondering if she could've made her cuts a bit cleaner as well as precise. It was their flailing around as well as their feeble attempts to fight back of plead with her that caused the bloody mess she looked upon now.

"Y/n, are you coming?"

The machine nodded, turning to follow the voice only for a hand to wrap around her ankle before she could.

She glanced down at the bloody swordsmith who glowered up at her, his face stained with his blood.

"You're still alive?" y/n murmured, lightly shaking him off as she raised her sword once more, "Allow me to put you out of your misery."

As the glow of lightning in the distance shone against the crimson liquid which dripped from y/n's sword, she could've sworn that she saw a familiar face.

She still did not hesitate as she beheaded the man at her feet, face remaining stoic even as his blood hit her face.

N̶̡̡̫̩̺̤̼̻̫̖̈́̈́̉͆̎̀͆͜ǎ̷̡̨̨͈͈̩̺̩̺̮̭̄̍̐̏͑͆̍͆̔o̵͚̹̲̰̻̪̔̃̌̅̆̈̌͛͘,̵̺̖̤̭̐̎͋ͅ ̶̡̹̰̤͙͉̪͇̝̒̚͘ͅl̷̨̳̠̣͇̪̱̳̠̗͛͜ó̶͙̥͊́̿͌͛̌͌̑͌̚ͅǫ̷̨̧͖͔̰͔̱̤̮̏̍͝k̸̨̡͕̺̫̟̖͙̂̌́̑͗!̷̢͈̱̅͂̃̐̏͂͝ ̸̢̬̖̈̑̂́͆̉

Y/n leaned against a wall, her arms crossed as she observed the storm raging over Seirai Island.

She turned her head to glance at the two Harbingers nearby, wondering what they were discussing but not interested enough to actually listen in.

Those thoughts of killing the one with the black mask returned, the machine identifying all possible methods within a couple of seconds. It ticked her off a little but, the upgrade had its uses when it wasn't registering her darker thoughts as actual plans