𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝖲𝗈 𝖢𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝖽 𝖬𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Time spent with Orihime was nice.

Nao genuinely enjoyed spending time with the young woman, often strolling with her through the gardens and listening to her ramble about flowers.

Orihime was like knowledge to Nao.

It could never get enough of her.

Just as it could never stop learning.

"You have very beautiful eyes." Nao stated as the two were sitting together.

They say next to one another on a bench beneath a sakura tree, Orihime making a flower crown while Nao watched.

Orihime smiled sweetly as she paused her work on the half finished flower crown in her hands, "Thank you, Nao. Your eyes are also quite stunning."

Nao blinked, "You... think so?"

"Of course!" Orihime laughed, "I'm sure if you were human, tons of men and woman would be chasing you, haha!"

Nao tilted its head, "...?"

"There's something odd about you. Something gentle and innocent." Orihime continued, "You're as flawless as a doll yet you hold so much kindness. For a machine to be able to feel and show emotion. Your creator really is amazing."

Nao looked down at its hands. Hands which were crafted by another's.

"He truly is..."

"Nao!"

Nao perked up and looked over to where Uyehara stood, the gray haired man's eyes like ice, "Come here! Quickly!

Nao nodded to Orihime before standing and carefully making her way over to its Master, its almost happy expression fading into one suited for a machine.

"Come with me. We have some business to attend to." Uyehara instructed, "Fetch your sword. You're going to need it."

Nao didn't like the sound of that but obeyed. It wasn't like it could object.

Uyehara, a couple of his men and the curious machine ended up going out to Konda Village where Nao stood outside alongside the middle-aged man.

And then... the screaming began.

Two men dragged a thrashing man and a boy about to enter adulthood out into the open, unceremoniously throwing them both to the ground before Uyehara.

Nao watched as the duo's arms were ties behind their backs while two other end blocked the path of the screaming woman and her terrified child who appeared to be no older than six.

The machine's brows raised, 'What exactly is going on here? Who are they?'

"Uyehara-san, please! Don't do this!" the older man shouted, "Do what you will with me but don't kill my son!"

"Kill him?" Uyehara echoed then chuckled, "I have no intention of killing him, my friend, don't you worry."

Nao observed the duo carefully.