Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Liam's POV

*Flashback*

It was the end of the my first day of school, I was walking down the hall towards the school's counsellor office. When I arrived, she looked at me up and down over her glasses when she finally said "How was your first day, Liam? Any friends yet?" She sat down in the chair behind her desk while I was standing thinking wether to sit or not. "It was pretty good, I mean, now every student knows my name because of the teachers, mmm, and actually I met a girl who's name I don't recall...... Ah! Her name is Mariel, she's in my English class and many others too."

The counsellor look at me a little bit surprised "See Liam, I told you it wasn't going to be difficult to find friends. Told you your shyness wasn't an obstacle." She said with a big smile on her face. "And tell me Liam" she said while I took a seat in front of her. She leaned to the front a bit like if she wanted to whisper something in my ear. "Has anyone, you know, bullied you or picked on you?" I stayed silent for a bit while I processed her words. "Ermm, no" "Oh, good." She sat down against her chair again. "Well, you should know that this school has a low percentage of bullying, so you're safe here." She said with a big smile.

"Ok, I guess" I said looking a little bit confused.

After a week or so, no one bothered me, yet I still felt unsafe and insecure. I knew my new bully was waiting for me at this school, is just that I didn't know who he was or when would I see him.

But then, weeks after I visited the school's counsellor, I met 'Jake'. He was the football team's quarterback. I don't know how or from who he heard it, but he knew I was bullied in my other schools because I only had one kidney and because I didn't have so much luck with the girls, for him I was what they called a 'loser'. Since I met him, he couldn't stop asking me about my birth mark or where I left my other kidney and also he couldn't stop calling me names: "Shorty" (cause he was taller than me), "Loser", "Mono-Kidney" and many others.

I was so fed up! I couldn't believe that I was bullied in 4 different schools.

But then one day, I confronted Jake, telling him that the loser was him. I was about to punch him in the face but he caught hold of my wrist and instead he punched me in the face leaving me a black eye and a bleeding mouth. "Don't you dare to tell anyone about this, or else." He threatened me, while I was on the floor.

I stood up and walked to my house. I hid my face in my jacket so my mom couldn't see my injuries, I ran upstairs to my room and locked myself in.

*End Of Flashback*

I really didn't want Mariel to see me like this or to tell her about it, because I didn't want her to think I was a 'loser'. I really liked her, but thinking of us being alone, away from every one and every thing else made me decide that I would go. But in the back of my head I kept replaying Jake's threat, I was so scared that if I told Mariel, she or myself would get hurt; and that was the last thing I wanted. But I encouraged myself and went to the parking lot. It wasn't difficult to find her, because she was leaning up against the door of her white car with her lovely red curls cascading in her shoulders. When her eyes found mine I just couldn't move, still afraid of how would she react at my revelation.

***

Mariel's POV

I saw him walking towards me with his head down, he was walking to slowly so I went up to him. I grabbed his chin and tilted up "Keep your head up, so you can have a better look of all the beautiful things." I said looking deeply into his eyes as he blushed a little and looked away. "Come on, I'm taking you to the park." I said grabbing his arm (which was very strong and fit) and guiding himi to the passenger's door.

The trip was pretty quiet, until I broke the silence. "Who's the bully?" I abruptly asked. I could see from the corner of my eye that his eyes widened with my question. "Wh-what?" Liam muttered. "You know, the person who did that to you. You really don't think I'm so stupid to believe you just 'hit' yourself, do you?" I grinned at him, even though he was taller than me, when he was embarrassed he looked so tiny and it was very easy to control him; that was so cute. He turned his head to face the window, not answering my question. "So you really think I'm stupid enough to believe you that!" I said surprised and a little chuckle escaped from my lips. "No, no, no. Obviously not Mery. I think you're very smart, is just that it took me by surprise, how could you guess that in so little t-" "We're here" I interrupted him turning off the engine and getting off the car. I waited for him in front of the park's gate. He slowly walked towards me. I offered my hand for him to take. "Take my hand, I'll take to a special place."

When we arrived to the 'special place' we sat down an told him. "Here is where I used to tell everything that happened on school to my dad, but it's been a long time since we last talked here" I sighed and looked at Liam directly in the eyes. "I know someone's fist did that, because I used to be bullied". A tear rolled down my cheek. Liam grabbed my chin and tilted up my head so I could see his face. He raised his hand, and with his thumb we wiped out my tear.

"So please, tell me who did it. Because I don't want you to suffer the same as I did and-" "Shhh..." Liam interrupted me. "Please stop, I actually know about it" Liam let go my chin and grabbed my hand. "The reason I changed school was because I was bullied to the point that I considered suicide." Tears formed in Liam's eyes. "I was bullied because....." He swallowed hard "because girls always rejected me and because I was very weak and little." A couple of tears rolled down his cheeks. I wiped them out and smiled "I'm very happy that you trust me enough to tell me this kind of personal things. But you haven't answered my first question, who is the bully?"

"I-I really don't wanna tell you" he muttered. "But why?" I asked leaning up a little. "Because he threatened me, and I don't want you to get hurt." He looked down the grass, starting to pull out some weeds. "Oh, so it's a 'he'" I smirked at him. Liam took a deep breath and said "I'm gonna tell you, but you must promise me you won't tell anyone". He looked me deep in the eyes, I just nodded in response. "It's the football's team quarterback, Jake." "Jake?!?!" I yelled. "Shhhhh!, lower your voice, please!" He covered my mouth with his smooth hand. "He punched you? But why?" I whispered, even though nobody could hear us. "I'll tell you everything. Look he calls me horrible and stupid names, which I won't tell because they hurt me too much, and he kept calling me that and picked on me for several weeks. I was so tired of him, that I started to take up kick- boxing classes." He swallowed hard "so then I ..." "You punched him" I said interrupting him and finishing his sentence. "But I didn't just punched him, actually I didn't had the chance to even reach his face. I told him I was sick an tired of him, and then 'tried' to punch him, but he took hold of wrist right before I could connect with his nose. And taking that advantage he punched me in the face several times. While I laid on the ground sobbing, he threatened me. He said 'don't tell anyone, or else' and then he left." He stated to cry, almost sobbing. I leaned over and hugged as hard as could as he cried on my shoulder. "Everything is going to be alright, you'll see" I said rubbing his back. "I know, because no matter what happens, everything is better with you" he said "Ummm, excuse me?" I slowly withdrew from the hug as I looked at him and wiped his tears away. "Ummmm... Y-yeah, you know ummm, since you're my only friend or at least the only person I talk to and actually answers me back. He said looking away. "Okeeey, well you know, I took some boxing and taekwondo classes, I can help you train. Of course, after your own boxing classes." I told him as a big smile crossed my face as I saw he smiled as well. "Okey, that'll be great" he said taking my hand. I blushed and he quickly let go my hand, to scratch his head with nervousness. I chuckled "You know what, I like you." He laughed "I like you too."

***