Struck by Love

Mark's team set up a press conference the next day. The reporters and journalists blurted out many questions. Mark answered everything with his speech. 

"Thank you for coming today. I wanted to clear up some things. Yes, I sent her an email that I meant to send to my friend Seungkwan. I was checking to make sure she was not a weird person because we all know the Internet is crawling with trolls. She became my tour guide when I landed in Seoul. I asked her to be my tour guide. She did NOT force me. Thanks to her, I saw some of the coolest attractions." 

He took a brief pause. 

"I humbly ask everyone who cares about me to leave her alone because I'm in love with her. Son Seungwan is NOT a gold digger. She insisted on paying every time, but I wouldn't let her. I don't care whether she got plastic surgery or not. If she wanted to enhance her face, then so be it. Regardless, I find her beautiful. I did NOT have a one-night stand with her, and, no, she is NOT pregnant. She might be one day if we get married and start a family. I fell for her, and I would like to get to know her more. I'm sure my fans would like her if they got to know her. She's funny, witty, sociable, and dependable." 

He took another pause. 

"But now, I can't dream of that because the paparazzi and my fans interfered with our relationship. How can she stay with me if she can't even go to work in peace because of the mistreatment from the public? If I can't date her, then I'll bring her with me on my American tour to continue my career, or I'll quit singing altogether and join her as a tour guide."

Before Mark delivered his speech, Joohyun turned the television on. Seungwan watched the press conference take place, as it was broadcast live. "He really told the news outlets and his fandom off!" Joohyun exclaimed. 

Seungwan was touched by his words. He defended her and complimented her. "He's putting everything on the line by jeopardizing his career for me," she told Joohyun. 

When the press conference ended, Mark returned to the van. Seungwan was calling him.

"I heard your speech, Mark. Are you sure you want to go through with your plan?"

"If it means I can have you by my side, then yeah, I'll do anything."

"I'm sorry for hurting you yesterday. If you still want to be with me, can I be your girlfriend?"

"I thought you'd never ask. This is perfect timing. Valentine's Day is coming up. Let me take you out on a date. Seungkwan and my manager don't need to come."

Seungwan grinned. "Shouldn't you wait for a response from everyone?"

"Nah. I threatened to sue the paparazzi and my fans for defamation with the tabloid articles and blog posts. I'm sure they'll cooperate with me and accept that we're together. This press conference gives them two choices: I'll leave Seoul to sing in America under the condition that I can bring you or I stay in Seoul as a tour guide instead of a singer."

"I don't want you to quit singing when you worked so hard."

"Truthfully, being a soloist gets lonely and boring. Also, my contract will end soon. Think of it as a break for me. My vocal cords need to rest."

"Well, I doubt your fans like those choices, so they'll probably come around."

"As I've mentioned before, they will. I still have faith in them."

And they did. After deleting the blog posts, they issued an apology to Mark and Seungwan and congratulated the new couple. Additionally, the news outlets stopped posting articles, and the paparazzi found another scandal. Seungwan kept her job as a tour guide, and Mark stuck to singing as a soloist.

As Mark promised, he took Seungwan out on a date to eat gelato on Valentine's Day. She baked him cookies while he bought her chocolate. 

Three teenage girls came up to Mark. Seungwant instinctively lowered her head. 

One of the girls said, "Your girlfriend is so attractive!" Someone else added, "She's not a weird person, right?" Mark looked at Seungwan and chortled. The line became an inside joke in his fandom even though they supported the relationship. 

"She is weird," he joked. 

"Say that again and I won't use my phone anymore like Seungkwan. Message me via email," Seungwan snapped.

The girls laughed in unison, as that was another inside joke. Another girl chimed in, "We're happy Mark is dating you, and we hope you two get married. Enjoy your date!" Seungwan thanked the girls. 

"After all you went through with the public, why do you want to be with me?" Mark wondered.

Seungwan declared, "I guess you could say I was starstruck."