Chapter Eleven - Kill Sara Lance

Nyssa's POV:

"Sara, wake up, please," I pleaded as I watched her shallow breathing. Sara was knocked out by another assassin after she killed one during training. Why did I care so much. She isn't my beloved, I can't love her, I do not feel love, I do not feel anything anymore.

I looked down at her pale face. She was so hurt by what I said. She truly loved me. I never thought anyone could ever be capable of loving me. I wish I could love Sara, I would give anything to love her back. To make her feel safe and protected. I'd do anything to hear that laugh or even see that smile. That smile brings much joy to me, even just to imagine it.

Suddenly, Sara jolted upright, her face full of confusion. She lifted her hand to touch the bruised cut along her hairline. "What happened?" She mumbled as she observed the bruises along her knuckles and the blood stains on her clothing.

I gently pushed her back to lay down. "You need your rest, let me bring you some water," I said with a concerned tone. Is it my fault that she's become like this? There's a darkness inside of Sara, I saw it in her before I even begun to train her. This surely cannot be my fault, yet I feel guilt.

I brought a wooden cup of water to Sara and helped her sit upright as she quickly drank the water. She turned to me with angry eyes "I thought I killed you." I turned my head as I asked "do you wish for my demise?" She placed the cup down onto the table beside the bed "I am not your beloved, don't look so bothered by that."

I sighed as I carefully bandaged her damaged fists, "I do not feel love, it is not your fault, I just cannot love you, or anyone else." She looked up at me with teary eyes "I thought you loved me." I sighed "I thought so too, but unfortunately I never will. I am so sorry Sara, it was never my desire to hurt you."

She gently sobbed and asked "what happened to me?" I wiped a tear from her face as I said "I told you that you are not my beloved and you... you killed another assassin out of anger."

Her eyes widened as she began to cry. I pulled her closer to me and gently hugged her as I said "Tabilah knocked you out before anything worse could happen. But Sara, you must understand that this is not your fault. Nanda Parbat is a place full of darkness." She angrily pulled away as she shouted "maybe I'm what is full of darkness, maybe I'm a monster." She shuddered as she started to sob.

I whispered "I could never think of you as a monster." She looked up at me and said "I can't trust anything you say to me anymore."

Suddenly, a loud knock interrupted us as two guards entered the room. I stood up "yes I will see Ra's Al Ghul, please give me a minute with Sara." One guard looked at me and said "we are not here for you." The other guard turned to Sara and said "Sara Lance, you are hereby seen as a threat to Nanda Parbat and will be kept in a cell until further evaluation of your intentions is assessed." The guards wrapped metal rope around Sara's wrists and dragged her away from me.

Sara screamed as they took her below many levels of the castle, to the dungeons. I raced down the hallways searching for my father.

As I sprinted into the throne room I watched as he drove his sword into the chest of his own assassin. I hastily knelt before him, waiting for Ra's to address me.

"What concerns you Nyssa?" He asked while he wiped the blood off his sword on the cloak of the dead assassin.

I stood up "why have the guards arrested my belov- Sara." He angrily stepped towards me, grabbing my arm "you're what?" I stuttered "S-Sara." He swiftly slapped me across the face "you have learned nothing."

He then gestured to his guards to capture me as he said "there are other ways to make you forget that girl." I shook my head furiously as his men dragged me back to the room of spirits.

Once we arrived in the ancient room, he asked his men to make me kneel before the alter as he prepared a second drink.

"My child, tonight will be the end of your beloved. She killed a fellow assassin in training and stole the heart of my heir. For that she must die. Further, you broke a promise. If Sara could not win in a fight, she would perish from your own blade. Tonight you will uphold that promise."

I looked up at him and pleaded "please father, do not do this, I will stay away from her, anything but this." He laughed as he roughly grabbed my chin "I never thought I'd see you plead, this girl has weakened you worse than I thought. She deserves this fate."

He grabbed the chalice and poured a thick liquid down my throat. He then shouted "kill Sara Lance." Everything went black.