Chapter Nine - Vegeance is Justice

Nyssa's POV:

I walked through the familiar halls of my father's castle. He required my presence in his throne room as it was necessary to discuss matters of my title.

I heard the sound of my father's laugh as I entered the room. "Nyssa, I underestimated you. It wasn't until I saw you slice open Sarab's trachea, that I realised you are less like your mother and more like me. I am proud to call you my daughter, my heir. The next Ra's Al Ghul." I knelt in front of the powerful man before me, bowing my head and placing my right hand on the cold metal hilt of my sword.

"The girl I saw before me was not my weak fragile daughter, she was a strong and fearless woman, ready to rule. You must regain the power I saw in you and prove to me you are that ruler. I expect ruthless and merciless fighting from my heir. You will train amongst my assassins and I."

I looked up at my father's cold and darkening eyes. "And what of Sara?" I whispered as I rose before him. "What of her?" He snapped at me. "I want to continue training her. She cannot die, she is my beloved," I pleaded. Ra's Al Ghul's fist slammed against the arm of his throne, stone crumbling from it. "Love makes you weak, you may train this girl, but there will come a time where she causes your downfall, do not be shortsighted my child."

I glared at my father, preparing to yell and scream, anything to make him understand that love is strength, but nothing came out. Imagining myself stand up to him made my skin crawl. The anger that would follow. I lowered my gaze and silently left the room.

Sara's POV:

I paced Nyssa's dark room. I had been escorted to my old room but I had to wait for her, watching her kill Sarab worried me.

After an hour, Nyssa entered the room. She looked across the room at me with tear stained cheeks. I ran towards her wiping away her tears. "What happened?" I asked as I searched her for injuries. She pushed me back and walked to her bed, sitting down and removing her armour. She looked up at me "he wants me to be him."

I smiled "he wants you to be his heir?" She angrily stood up, shoving her heavy armour to the floor "he wants me to be him." She covered her face with her hands, sitting back down onto the bed. I knelt before her, pulling her cold hands away from her face. "He wants you to be evil?" I asked. She slowly nodded, making me shudder.

She took a deep breath and whispered "love is a weakness." I stood up, taking a step back. "No, Nyssa, please don't," I shakily whispered. She stood up and stepped towards me, placing her hand on my cheek "you're my weakness, the heir cannot have a weakness. You put all of Nanda Parbat in danger." A tear rolled down my cheek "Nyssa, please."

Her dark eyes glared at my blue ones as she roughly wiped my tear away. "My beloved, you must stay away from me, I will organise Talibah to train you." I quickly grabbed her wrist pulling her hand from my face. "He's changing you. You killed Sarab for him. You're leaving me for him. You're becoming a ruthless ruler for him."

Nyssa glared at me "killing Sarab was justice." My voice rose as I yelled "killing Sarab was vengeance." She growled back at me "vengeance is justice." I pushed her back "how could you say that? One day back with your father at your side and you are already becoming a monster." She swiftly unsheathed her sword, holding the blade against my throat.

"How dare you say that to me. You're a broken bird, my father was right about you. I should kill you right now." I exhaled and closed my eyes "do it, I'd rather die than witness you become evil." I waited for her to swipe the blade across my throat, but I felt the sword move away as it dropped to the floor. Nyssa pulled me into a passionate kiss.

I breathlessly pulled back "Nyssa what are you doing?" She pressed her lips to mine again, wrapping her arms around my waist." She silently kissed down my neck, making me moan gently. She then stopped, looking me in the eyes "you are all I can think about. I know I should stay away, that I should hate you, but I can't, I could never." I smiled leaning back in to kiss her.

Suddenly, a loud knocking on the door interrupted us, making Nyssa jump. She reached for her sword as she swung the door open, she angrily yelled "what is it?" An assassin entered the room, she quickly glanced at me then back at Nyssa "Ra's Al Ghul requires your company." She bowed then exited the room.

Nyssa turned to me, reaching her hand out to touch my cheek "I will return my beloved."