XXVII | 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝖂𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

Royal Court Of England &
Winchester Cathedral

I stared into the tall mirror as my ladies-in-waiting stood around me

I stared into the tall mirror as my ladies-in-waiting stood around me. An exuberant smile spread across my face as my mother spread out my veil onto the floor behind me "Absolutely stunning, my dear" Mother stood next to me, her hand reaching for my shoulders as we all stared into the mirror "Beautiful daughter, bride and soon-to-be mother" At those words my hand reached for my stomach, slowly rubbing it through the material of my wedding gown "Mother?" Serena spoke up with a stunned voice. Her eyes widened, along with my other two ladies. I bit my lip in happiness, not saying a word. Even through my silence, they knew exactly what was going on "Oh, Josette!" They chorused, running up to hug me. I embraced them all as they each took turns to feel my small stomach that would not be so small very soon "Ladies, you mustn't tell anyone. If this gets out-" My mother began to hiss "No, of course, Your Majesty. We will remain silent" Kamille spoke seriously to my mother "Alright then. I think it's about time we get the bride out there" My mother spoke, a smile spreading over her lips. I took a deep breath before beginning to walk out of the palace and to the carriage that awaited us. Where Francis and I are getting married is somewhere that I dreamed of getting married ever since I knew what marriage was. My mother and father got married in the Winchester Cathedral, which is why Francis and I chose the location as well. We rode in the carriage all the way to the Cathedral where English citizens stood cheering and smiling. I knew that this joining with France would make my people happy, but it is even better that I get to be equally as happy, maybe even more. I stepped out of the carriage, my ladies and mother following behind me as my people began bowing down to my mother and myself as I passed. I took in my surroundings quite intensely. These people, my people, are all here supporting mine and Francis' union. I couldn't be any happier. In only a few hours Francis and I will rule tile all of England together side by side. Words can not describe my contentment. My eyes met with my father as we entered the foyer of the Cathedral. I smiled, saying goodbye to my mother and walking towards him "Father" I tightly embraced him "Josette, you look magnificent as always" My father spoke, grabbing my hands "I could not be any prouder of you, darling. I love you so very much" "I know, father. I love you too" I embraced him once more before the doors to the Cathedral opened. I smiled brightly at my ladies before wrapping my arm in my fathers. My father and I began to walk into the Cathedral as everyone stood, bowing as we passed. My eyes immediately met with Francis' and from then on, our gaze never left the others. Finally up at the alter, I kissed my father's cheek before Francis took my hand in his, gently rubbing it in reassurance.
"I now pronounce Prince Francis II of France and Princess Josette I of England as husband and wife. Your Highness, you may kiss your bride" The bishop spoke after our vows were said, rings were exchanged, and signatures were signed. Francis' hand slowly rose to my cheek as mine to his waist. Our lips met ever so gently before we pulled away "Now, let us begin the coronation ceremony" The bishop spoke up again, causing my lady Serena to quickly walk over to me and take my veil off of my head "Would Her Royal Highness please make her way to the throne" I smiled back at Francis before sitting in my throne. My throne "Is Your Highness willing to take the oath?" The bishop spoke as he stood before News I took a breath before exhaling lightly "I am willing" I spoke surely, making sure to sit up as straight as I possibly could "Will you maintain and preserve inviolably?" The bishop questioned "I will" I set my hands out before me, knowing that it was time for the anointing "By the hands, anointed with holy oil" The bishop drew a cross of oil into my palms before doing the same onto my chest and forehead "By thy breast, anointed with holy oil. Be thy head, anointed with holy oil. As Kings, Priests and Prophets were anointed. So be thou, anointed, blessed, and consecrated Queen over the peoples.  Whom the Lord thy God hath given thee to rule and govern in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen" "Amen" I lightly spoke, a smile of confidence set on my lips. The bishop swept the golden coronation robe over my shoulder and handed me my scepter before setting my crown onto my head. A feeling of strength and posterity swept over me. This was the moment I have been waiting for years "God save the Queen! God save the Queen!" The congregation spoke out with their hands all raised in my direction. I stood up, making my way to the throne that stood upon the alter that was previously sat on by my mother. I turned, my robe wrapping around my feet as I eyed the audience with a smile before I sat down on my throne. Before I knew it, Francis was standing before me in his coronation robe. He kneeled before me as we locked eyes, causing a smile to linger on both of our lips "I, Francis, Prince of France, do become your liege man of life and limb, and of earthly worship. And faith and truth I will bear into you, to live and die against all manner of folks. So help me God" Francis stood up, leaving a lasting kiss on my cheek before backing away and bowing down to me before walking to his throne that sat across from me. I stood up, scepter in hand and crown on my head as my ladies came behind me, picking up the back of my robe so that it wouldn't drag on the floor before I made my way out of the Cathedral. I turned for one quick glance to catch Francis walking not too far behind me. I smiled to him before looking back ahead and continuing to walk past my people. All I continued to hear for the rest of the walk out was four words that I have longed to hear for as long as I can remember.
"God Save The Queen"