•chapter 33•

"who is hell is this?" Nandini hears his voice and breaks the hug looking at him.

"Oh hi manik Tum itni jaldi aa gaye?" Myrah looks at him

"Don't worry, who is he? Nandini" Manik looks at a tall guy, he had dark brown hair which were set back using gel which went perfectly with his black shirt and pant which he was wearing. His brown eyes looked at Nandini then manik appearing a little confused.

"Oh This is kabir, my college friend abhi aaya hai London se." Nandini casually says to manik, he was starting her annoyed by his presence

"Toh tumhe usse pehle se invite kiya tha?" Manik asks her

"No actually main kabir ko kal milne wali thi, but Tum Amaya ke saath chale gaye so I thought ki tumhare hisse ka khana waste ho jayega so I called up kabir and he was free" Nandini smiles shrugging her shoulders

"Main abhi wapas aa gaya hu Lekin" manik says, Nandini looks at him raising her eyebrows "and Amaya? I thought you were taking her for dinner"

"She had to go somewhere" manik replies, he was getting annoyed by Kabir's presence already

"That's okay manik we made extra Anyways" Ahana says, manik brushes past kabir giving him a evil look sort of which confirms to Nandini that her plan is working as she told karan to call up manik telling that she is inviting some guy over which would get back manik straight away and it did.

"Come kabir" Nandini smiles and invites him in, he smiles and walks in. All of them go around the dining table, Nandini sits in the corner chair with one empty seat beside her. Manik looked at it and was about to go sit next to Nandini but kabir was too fast for him, he went and sat right beside Nandini moving his chair closer to her. Nandini looks at him and smiles which boils Manik's blood inside but he doesn't show it on his face.

Manik sighs and takes a seat opposite of them as Karan sits beside him, he looks at Nandini indicating that everything is going per plan.

"So kabir your back after 2 years yeah?" Aditya asks him

"Yeah actually, my parents want me to get married so just here for that" he smiles responding

"Woww so you got anyone in mind?" Naina asks

"No not yet, but maybe soon" he looks and Nandini and winks, she shakes her head smile. Manik looks at him in anger and then looks at karan "Yeh kon hai? Why does he think it's okay to talk to Nandini like this in front of me" manik whispers to karan

Karan looks at him "Haan toh tujhe Kya hai, you are trying to push Nandini away then how does it matter if she stays alone after that or with someone" Manik looks at him

"you're right" Manik says for the sake of it but it was still bothering him. He looks at them and both of them were chatting and laughing.

"Nandini try this" kabir brings out a spoon full of halwa in front of Nandini "Areh maine hi banaya hai" Nandini tells him smiling

"Still have it" he brings the spoon closer to Nandini's mouth, which makes manik really angry as he accidentally stomps his leg on karans foot not realising which makes karan scream in pain "Ouuuuuu!" Hearing karan scream kabir accidentally drops the spoon full of halwa on Nandini's dress making a mess.

She stands up quickly as it was sticky "Oh shit— I'm sorry Nandini Woh—"

"It's okay kabir it's okay" she calms him down, manik presses his lips together enjoying the sight. Karan looks at him angrily "what the fuck dude, that hurt"

Manik looks at him "my bad"

"I'll just quickly change and come warna it'll feel sticky" Nandini says, she head towards her room quickly. She opens the wardrobe trying to find something decent to wear as she hears the door click open, it was Manik she looked at him and looked away taking a deep breath knowing exactly what he came for.