Chapter 5

Stiles walked into gym in the Avengers Tower and saw Daisy was already there stretching out.

"Oh my god. Looking great, Daisy." Stiles said.

"Right back at ya. I could have easily mistaken you for being a supermodel. I’m totally digging the blonde hair."

Stiles blushed at the compliment.

"So am I going to take you down today."

"You wish. May is still training me." Daisy smirked.

Stiles opened her mouth wide in shock. "That’s completely unfair. Uncle Phil just told me last night that she trained Bobbi, Lance and Lincoln herself. And now, you’re under her tutelage, it defeats the purpose for us to even have a sparring session. This is so unfair."

"We shall see."

The both of them strapped on their protective gear and got inside the ring. Once they were ready, Stiles took the first swing, taking an aggressive stance, landing kicks and punches, which Daisy blocked easily. They carried on like this for quite some time with both of them landing kicks and punches on each other.

Stiles began to feel the sweat pouring down her face and her back. She cracked her neck first before tightening her concentration back on Daisy, trying to study her tell signs and looking for an opening. After more than 2 months taking self-defense classes, no way in hell will she embarrass her uncle or her instructors.

Stiles moved to strike a few more times, going for Daisy’s face, causing her to shift her head to the side and Stiles landed another punch towards her throat causing Daisy to bend even further and her balance to shift. Stiles felt triumph cursing through her when she swept Daisy’s leg from under her, causing the woman to crash to the ground. Stiles instantly jumped onto her and managed to pin her down successfully.

Daisy grinned proudly at her and Stiles returned it, excitement at having managed to barely beat Daisy. They separated, getting to their feet and stepping out of the ring to grab their water.

"I’m proud of you, Stiles. You have potential. Keep this up and don’t be surprised if May offers to train you herself."

"Really? That would be so awesome."

"Anyway, best 2 out of 3?."

"You’re on." Stiles answered gaining confidence.

Surprisingly, Stiles loses the next 2 rounds because Daisy was holding back the first round. She got her ass handed to her with bruises all over her body.

"You cheated." Stiles huffed out.

Daisy cocked her eyebrow, took her gloves off. "And how did I cheat?."

"You allowed me to win the firsy round, that gave me confidence."

"You got arrogant. That’s a lesson. Never get cocky. Always work hard to ensure that your enemy is defeated." Daisy smiled. "Come on, let’s shower and grab dinner. My treat. I’m craving  pizza."

**

The following week, she managed to complete her College Prep Math exam and it made her realize that in less than 3 months, she was able to complete 5 examinations, getting good at all her mixed martial arts and self defense classes and apparently having a non-existent social life, which she was surprisingly okay with.

Not being chased down by weekly psychopathic or murderous supernatural creatures allows you to accomplish a lot of things. Not having to research on the latest murderous supernatural creatures allows her to be more focused towards her goals. Not having friends who are supernatural creatures allows her to be more dedicated to her studies and training. Not having to pretend that she is less smart than Lydia feels fantastic. Right now, her goals are to complete her high school diploma by June and become a SHIELD agent as soon as possible.