Chapter 4

After lunch with Uncle Phil, Stiles walked back to the building by herself to go to her first class of the day, which was AP Art History. She was 10 minutes early when she reached her class so she promptly set up her laptop and took the recommended textbook from the shelf.

At exactly 2pm, her tutor walked in and smiled at Stiles and held out his hand. "Ms. Stilinski. My name is Professor Tom Richards. You can just call me Tom."

"Hi, Tom. Call me Stiles and thank you for taking your time to teach me." Stiles smiled back and shook his hand.

"My pleasure Stiles. So, I will be teaching you AP Art History and World History, every Wednesday. As shown on your schedule, World History will be from 9am till 12pm and AP Art History is from 2pm till 5pm."

"Noted."

"If during your tutorial, you are comfortable to move on to the next chapter, we can do it. Just tell me."

"Okay cool." Stiles spent the next 3 hours pretty much updating her tutor, how far along she is from what she had studied back at Beacon Hills High School. At the end of the lesson, her tutor came up with a simple schedule showing her the syllabus and requirements that she will need to complete in order to take the examination as soon as possible and pass the module.

After her class ended, she went down to the 5th floor staff canteen to grab a quick bite before going back up to her first Taekwondo lesson.

As the elevator was going up, Stiles could feel that her heart was beginning to pound really hard. She was nervous at the thought of experiencing her first lesson. Let’s be honest, she’s the most ungraceful and uncoordinated person that she knew and martial arts is totally about understanding your body, which after almost 18 years of living, she still doesn’t understand it.

She walked in the room and saw a really tall good-looking Korean man. Stiles immediately smiled to herself thinking that she wouldn’t mind at all being thrown around by the guy. This could be good, she thought.

"Agent Stilinski." The Korean guy called out.

Stiles immediately rushed over and instantly fell on her feet. "Ouch." She could feel her face burning up from embarrassment. At the back of her head, she was thinking that she should just lay down there and not move and slowly die from embarrassment, no one would know. She took a deep breath, looked up and saw the guy standing beside her, offering his right hand.

She grabbed it and pulled herself up. "Yes sir, that’s me."

The guy gave her a tight smile. "My name is Chin-Mae and I will be your instructor for Taekwondo."

Both of them got into a few stretching positions in the first half hour to warm their bodies up. The next one and half hours was used to teach her to understand her body and do the basics.

At the end of the day, when she reached home her body was aching all over from all the stretching and the workout. She thought that all the running away from supernatural creatures back in Beacon Hills would have helped her out but apparently, it’s not enough as her muscles throbbed the whole walk home.

Reaching home, she saw that Uncle Phil had already prepared lasagna for dinner. She put her bag on the empty chair and joined her uncle.

"So how was your first day?." Uncle Phil asked as he served her a plate of lasagna and poured a glass of ice tea for her.

Stiles sighed. "I really need to start going to the gym or start running. My body is aching all over."

"Welcome to SHIELD's training." Uncle Phil smiled. "How about your class today?."