𝟒| 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬

CHAPTER FOUR:

WEARING THE CROWNS

THE TOWER WAS QUIET, the only sound being Rapunzel talking to herself as she seemed proud she had put Flynn in her closet

THE TOWER WAS QUIET, the only sound being Rapunzel talking to herself as she seemed proud she had put Flynn in her closet. After saying she didn't trust the man but seemed to trust Y/n, the two lost princesses put the man in Rapunzel's closet to make her feel a bit more comfortable and she did.

Y/n was slowly walking around the room, eyes soon catching the sight of Flynn's satchel laying on the floor. Pursing her lips at the sight of gold peaking from the bag, she leans down and takes the crown from the bag, staring at it with sad eyes, remembering the times she'd wear this around the castle back then before she ran away.

As the girl continued to stare at her old crown that she and Flynn had stolen, she didn't even notice Rapunzel looking at her through the mirror until the blonde curiously walked towards her, peaking over her shoulder even though they were the exact same height and staring at the crown with curious green eyes.

"What is that?" Rapunzel asks, making the thief jump. "Oh, sorry."

Y/n shakes her head. "It's fine."

The green eyed princess looks to Flynn's satchel, then seeing the other crown peaking out from the opened bag. Curiously, she bends down and grabs it, looking to Pascal and placing it on her arm as if that's what it was meant to do. Pascal shakes his head which she then closes one eye, looking through the glass gem on the crown, Pascal's reflection being seen as he shakes his head again.

Y/n clears her throat, making the two look over at her, showing that she was watching the whole thing. With a tight smile, she reaches up to the top of her head, placing her crown on the top of her head. Eyes widening in realization, Rapunzel reciprocates her actions and places her crown on her head.

The two lost princesses stare at one another as they both wore the crowns on their head, Y/n still having her beanie covering her long hair. The two step forward in unison, still staring at one another, glancing between each others eyes and the crowns sitting on top of their heads while Pascal shakes his head again but neither of them seem to notice.

"Rapunzel!" A distant voice calls out, making the blonde snap out of it. "Let down your hair!"

Quickly taking off the crown and grabbing Flynn's satchel, Rapunzel places both items somewhere where Y/n didn't notice. The blonde ushers the h/c girl to hide, ushering her up the stairs and into her room which she quickly does while Rapunzel rushes to the window, opening it up and letting her hair down for Gothel who stood at the bottom.

"One moment, Mother!" Rapunzel calls back.

"I have a big surprise!" Gothel informs with a big smile.

"Uh... I do, too!" Rapunzel replies, beginning to pull on her hair.