Chapter 2

Louis’ Point of View

-Next Day-

I poured my recently-heated espresso to my tumbler and before I could even take a sip, a cab - I called a while ago - has been beeping and is ready for me. I jogged my way out, locking the front door behind me and throwing the keys in my pocket afterwards. I jumped onto the cab and directed the ways to Manchester High.

This is the second day of holding up auditions for certain roles and I’m a bit more excited now than yesterday! The positions of both leading man and lady have been filled and I hope I chose the right students.

The cab pulled over after a few minutes and I hopped off it. I was ready to sit before the stage tediously, until another perfect student would gladly take away the boredom and dullness all the other students would leave me with.

I fixed my suspenders as I skipped along the lonesome corridor. It was far too early for students to come in and fill the rooms. I would normally prefer prancing around the school campus along with the other students just to feel less lonely, although, something or someone woke me up today bright and early and I couldn’t care less.

As I was about to enter the drama department and probably handle the props, I realized that no other person from the crew has arrived; therefore the door has yet to be unlocked. I looked out of the window and took a glimpse at the wonderful sunny view.

“May you unlock the drama department?” I pleaded as I had come across a grown woman from the maintenance. I heard her murmur something about taking the keys from the storage room and will be right back, leaving without another word. Before heading back and wait for her, I decided to stroll around the campus instead.

I took the personnel’s opposite direction, thinking about the different outcomes I might have for today. Taking a turn on the corner, the sunlight peeked inside through the windows and blurred my vision, causing too much brightness. I squinted and quickly turned away as my eyes landed on a silhouette from a person inches taller. It was against the light, so I didn’t really get to understand the person’s figure, other than our height difference.

Unknowingly, I paused in my tracks for a second or two, admiring the fit outline of the lad in front of me. I snapped myself back to reality and continued walking, having a sudden realization on the lad’s identification.

And then… I was right.

I-It’s Harry Edward Styles…

----

Harry’s Point of View

I was walking along a quiet corridor, reminiscing about the old times I’ve been on this campus. Other than my first day of teaching, which is yesterday, it had been a long time since I had set my foot on this place.

I smiled, as memories kept flooding in. I enjoyed my life here… I really did.

I was forced to stop as a lad paused in front of me. My eyes were on the ground, slowly checking out who this guy could be from bottom to top.

Grey toms.

Vivid red jeans.

Striped shirt and cute suspenders.

Bright blue eyes sparkling as the sunlight reflected on it.

God, how charming… It was Louis William Tomlinson.

My best friend. Or, wait, I don’t know… Used to be?

Judging by his actions, he must’ve not been exactly aware that it was me. He seemed a bit blinded as sunlight hit his eyes, but he was just damn gorgeous with the help of it.

I shook away my thoughts, tantalizing myself on being a homosexual freak if I wouldn’t. I continued strolling as Louis walked passed me.

As the older boy walked away, a sudden realization popped in my head. He was my best friend! I’m sure it wouldn’t be awkward if we get to meet each other at the same school, right? I recalled all about how close we were before, although I couldn’t remember why we lost touch. We just parted ways.

I turned around and ran after the lad. “Lou!” I called out as he turned around and met my eyes.

“H-Harry.” He stuttered, eyes wide open, shocked…

“Uhmm.” I mumbled, thinking of something to start the conversation and end this awkwardness between us. “I didn’t know you work here!”

“Yeah…” He trailed off. “I’ve been working for more than three years now.” He stated grimly, lips couldn’t even curl up to give a smile. He stepped away once more and I nearly gave up talking to him.  Fortunately, I had the courage to catch up on him even if that means I would risk being ignored.

“C’mon, Lou.” I stated desperately as I caught up to him. “How did we even come to this point? Aren’t we supposed to be the best of friends?” I asked him, taking a grip on his wrist to force him to look me dead in the eyes. “Louis… How come we lost touch?”

His eyebrows furrowed and bright blue eyes grew dreary in color. His look changed into – somewhat – anger… Hatred. I couldn’t understand. Did I say something wrong?

“Are you serious with your damn question, Harry?!” He raised his voice. “After everything that happened, you’re asking me that?  Leave me alone!” The blue eyed lad hurried away from me and my grasp. My eyes were fixed on him, until he escapes my field of vision.