1:3

A/n: this is y/n         this is Anna         this is Elias         this is Anna and y/n together

A/n: this is y/n
        this is Anna
        this is Elias
        this is Anna and y/n together

~

Y/n sniffled as she watched the portrait of her godparent's side by side with her parents get covered by a long black cloth.

Anna beside her was quietly sobbing, she had her arms around y/n and her face buried in her shoulder.

Y/n refused to look at her mourning friend but tried to provide the best comfort she could to her pseudo-sister.

They left for the place where their parents were being buried, between two rocks. Y/n didn't want to attend the funeral, she didn't want any fake sympathy that fellow nobles would give. She just wanted to go home.

Home...did she even have that anymore? Her parents are dead, home won't be home without them, she'll be all alone in a big mansion, with no one to keep her company, except for Ragnar, their butler. Thank God for that too, she might have gone insane without him.

She came back to her house, after waving Anna goodbye and promising her that she would visit. She was greeted by Ragnar.

He was a tall man with fair skin, actually too pale, considering he rarely goes out of the house. He had long black hair which was tied back a red ribbon and black eyes. He usually wears his maroon shirt and black slacks, accessorised with a black bow tie.

He gave y/n his usual bow, and as usual, y/n told him to stop doing it. He gave her a snide remark about how it was his job.

Y/n gave him no reply and went upstairs to her room. He looked at her in concern. He had known y/n for a long time, around eleven years if he is correct. Ragnar's family had worked for L/n's for generations, he started when he was nineteen and y/n was eight. 

He had grown fond of the girl, who used to ask him to play with her all the time, as a little sister. He took a final look at the stairs leading up to his new Master's room. With a long sigh, he went to the kitchen, making tea to help his master feel better.

He brewed y/n favourite blend and put out her favourite teapot, teacup and saucer set. And set out to y/n room, the mansion was big, not as big as Castle.

He knocked on the door, only to hear a muffled 'leave me alone!' He shook her head and opened her room with one of the spare keys he carried.  He opened the door to find y/n silently staring at nothing in front of her. He looked at her with a pained expression and set the tray on her bedside table.

He sat down on her bed beside her and pulled her into a hug, giving her the best comfort he could provide.

"Master, I made you tea," Ranger said, gently. Y/n eyes shot up to him and went wide. Her brain looking for excuses, but much to her dismay her brain couldn't come up with anything.