│ i. THE CRASH: 2017

THE FORGE — nwh-post( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

( ASHLEE'S VERSION )

          IF THERE WAS ONE THING MARGARET JUNE THOMPSON WOULD CHANGE ABOUT HER LIFE — because if she could change the world it would be by ridding world hunger, of course — it would be avoiding getting into her old, beat up car on November 16th, 2017

IF THERE WAS ONE THING MARGARET JUNE THOMPSON WOULD CHANGE ABOUT HER LIFE — because if she could change the world it would be by ridding world hunger, of course it would be avoiding getting into her old, beat up car on November 16th, 2017. Betty, as she had called the old car, was something Margaret spent her college money on for she refused to let her parents pay for such a thing. Betty preformed perfectly well on average-day roads. But, the roads on Overhill Mountain held roads that a semi-truck driver would piss himself on. There was hardly a single straight line to drive in, holding all curves that turned sharply.

When the rain began to pelt onto Betty's hood as Margaret drove to a friends home, she had a feeling rooted deep in her veins that her adored, beat up car, would suffer at least the smallest amount: perhaps she would take a corner to sharp and scratch against a rock. Perhaps hail could become of the rain and send her into a panic. However, Margaret, ever the enthusiast, most definitely had not expected for Betty to be thrown off a cliff and hit into a large oak tree.

She was meant to be dead. A crash of that magnitude was a guaranteed death — she was dead. Her heart had stopped. Her brain held several internal bleeds. Her rib was broken, her lung punctured. And yet, Margaret still lived. The crash changed her life— gave her another chance to live at the young age of nineteen instead of having her brother bury what remained of her lifeless body and watch in POV as he turned into a sour person, more than he had already been. But, the moment her heart began to slow down and she began to hope her organs would still be salvageable to withhold the 'ORGAN DONER' on her license, Margaret Thompson was granted with powers she never wished to hold.

Whilst most people found themselves to be kissing the feet of superhero's including her own brother Margaret was never the person to do so. Instead of taking the route many did of jealously to their abilities, she ignored them. She was a nineteen year old with an IQ of 198 and nose deep in medical school since she could legally drive ( with a permit because yes, Margaret graduated at thirteen ) she had much more things to worry about than the avengers.

When the accident happened, Margaret wasn't able to ignore them. She was one of them. She had been since the moment her brakes failed. When her world stopped her heart stopped Margaret wasn't just awoken to be a medical miracle, she awoke with a memory of a woman in white and the abilities of a true healer. No longer was she just a surgeon-in-training, but a surgeon with the ability to save a life if she wished to do so. As time progressed, she found that it was more than just being a healer, but she found herself teleporting across her home; a knack for fighting with swords ; a super-like endurance she swore could make her a bodybuilder if she wished for it.

After she had healed physically from the accident, she found herself in Stark Industries desperately trying to speak to Tony Stark so he could fix her. Because surely, a superhero has connections to people who can reverse the side effects of being blessed a second chance. Instead of him fixing her, he sat her nineteen year old self down on a way-to-expensive chair and told her how the rest of her life would pan out. She was told how to cope, to use her abilities for good instead of evil, and how to hide her blessing from the world. In a few minutes, Margaret's whole life had been written out for her. In two months, her life had changed completely. The pages reading how her life would go were ripped out because of her abilities.

And Margaret found herself to be listening to every word he preached. When listening to Tony Stark, she was able to distract herself from the life-changing event that nearly killed her. For when her head hit her pillow at dawn, her mind rushed with the memories of driving off the cliff. The only thought in her mind being that those were her last moments. She had so much more to do. She wasn't done yet. Margaret was a doctor; a healer. She couldn't save others if she herself was dead. She didn't tell her brother bye, nor her parents and friends. She would just be dead. But she wasn't. She lived. However, she doesn't know which was better: death or living with the memory of the scream that left her mouth.

In forever grace for the man for providing her with a distraction, when he asked to watch over Peter Parker, she did it — with the slight help of Flash but no one needs to know that! At times it felt stalker-ish to watch over the boy, but she made it work as she knew the Parker's well.

When aliens attacked the world, she stayed on solid ground and helped in Wakanda. She ran through the battlefield when the out-of-world creatures came to the country, healing all those she could muster without losing her energy.

When everyone around her turnt to ash, she left the past behind and remained in Wakanda for five years. Each day was spent pushing herself until her limbs grew tired and mind flooded. Whilst ever human on earth began to come to terms with the losses they faced, she remained five years ago. Piles of binders sat in the room she was gracefully given by Okoye. Each page of these binders were full with notes among notes to bring back those lost to the blip.

When Tony approached her, telling her they had an idea of how to bring them all back, she had a million things to add to his one.

And when they all stood on titan, a battle fought well in their minds; Tony snapped. As a result, the man faded away in front of those who cared for him. Margaret found herself crying at his side as her eyes glew white, desperately trying to heal him back to life. Tony had been a father, a husband, a friend, and a hero.

He deserved the life he gave her.

The suit she used to save the world was no longer a memory of laughing with Wanda and Shuri as it had been before. It was a reminder of how she was an assistant in the murder of Tony Stark. It was not Thanos nor the grace of the world, it was Margaret. The same man who had shown her the abilities she was given was murdered by them. Her abilities — no her, she — had failed to heal him.

The glistening white suit Tony made her years before with her help was locked up tightly. The improved version Shuri made as a gift to her friend remained in a lock she had long lost the key to. In fact, it was somewhere in the Hudson River: long gone.

And Margaret liked it that way.

ASHLEE SPEAKS

Aww... Tony's dead!

This is first chapter, it's kinda bad but I don't care much. I may go make a prologue of the battle on titan or maybe even the actual crash? Idk man...

NEW BOOK! I'm actually planning on finishing this one since it's entirely based off of a movie which will be easier to recreate. I can say, though, it's gonna be short— only around 13 or so chapters? And it's not gonna be written the best but I'm GOING TO TRY TO MAKE IT GOOD, ALRIGHT?!