IX

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

"What's gotten you so worked up?". Meena asked her brother upon entering his office

Demitri continued to pace his office without paying heed to his sister. Adonis wouldn't let him get any work done. He didn't even notice Meena enter because Adonis kept whining and growling at the same time.

"Adonis won't shut up". Demitri finally gritted out.

"So I guessed right. Is it because of the witch who was at the pack's borders?"

"How did you know?"

"Word gets around quite soon, Demi but before you decide to have the guard on patrol's head chopped off, I'll have you know that I saw her when she came and I know why she was here"

"I can't fucking go to Ourà Fengàri but that's what Adonis wants. Whatever spell those creepy manipulators are using must be really strong to work on me"

"It's been hours and I don't think your wolf will leave you alone till you listen to him so maybe for your own sanity, you should go"

"What if it's a trap? I wouldn't put it past them to ignite the fire of war considering the things that have been happening recently"

"And what if it's not a trap and she's actually your true mate and something terrible happens to her..." Meena didn't finish her sentence before his eyes flashed a golden colour and he growled loudly at her.
She was a powerful wolf too but the growl made her knees buckle in fear and she flinched.

"Get out!". He snapped making her leave. She knew better than try talking to him because Adonis sure did want her blood for even suggesting that something could happen to his mate and she valued her life.

Adonis wouldn't stop whining in his head. He needed to see his mate. The pain was only increasing and that meant one thing; his mate was in more pain than he imagined. He couldn't ignore the feeling even though he wanted to. He just couldn't.

Sighing and running his fingers through his hair,he jumped through the windows in his office and shifted half way before landing and without stopping, he ran to Ourà Fengàri; the one place he despised.

"State your mission here, traitor". The guard at the queendom's border said making Demitri growl but he tried blocking his wolf as he was already pissed so he didn't need a reason to kill anyone.

"I'm here to see your Vasílissa". Demitri stated

The guard studied him for a good minute before reciting the border spell to let him in.

Once he was past the borders, another guard lead him into the castle. The castle was a work of art he couldn't deny. Even the heavy oak doors had intricate designs and most of them probably spoke of some history. Well, some sort of twisted lie or twisted truth; according to him.

The guard stopped infront of a door when they were in the west wing. Vanilla hit his nose and he knew that was Aria's side of the castle.

"Come in". A rather cold voice said from inside. He had met the bloodsucker queen less than five times yet he knew her voice didn't sound like that but he entered anyway. Adonis would send him insane if he tried to leave.

"What - the- fuck is he doing here?". Aria directed her questioned at Kyría Celma

"I'm sorry, Vasílissa but till the antidote is ready, only his touch will save you from what you're going through". She explained

"I'd rather die". Aria gritted out but Celma had already left.

Demitri told himself that it was just his wolf pushing him around but the sight before him got him rethinking.
Aria did look pained and paler than what could be considered the average vampire paleness.