I

" They fucking paired me up with a god-damned traitor!"

"Vasílissa" Queen's Aria's chief guard and sister called.

"Lina". She replied and turned to look at her.
Aria wondered what her sister wanted from her. She called her by her name most of the time and she only used her title when they were before the council, when they were in the mist of the people or when she needed something important.

"I believe you're on your way out". Lina said

"Lina. What is it that you need?"

"You look troubled. That's not a good face to show outside. By the way. Is anything the matter?"

"No. I'm perfectly alright, Lina. And you shouldn't worry about me. Let's go". Aria told her sister and proceeded to leave the border of Ourà Fengàri.

"Wait over here". Aria told Lina and proceeded to recite the words in order to break through the borders of the Queendom. She pulled on her red cape and tied it around her neck.
She usually had strolls like this almost everyday. She liked the feel of the trees outside the Queendom's borders, the dead leaves and flowers that were strewn on the ground, the streams and the eerie noises creatures of the forest would make.

"Sure thing, Vasílissa". Lina said with a stiff nod. When Aria had been asked to choose a bodyguard she just mentioned her sister's name. She was just the best person and the only one she could trust. Her loyalty was beyond measure. They'd been trained together right from their childhood for the protection of the Queendom.

***
Alfa Demitri had been on edge for some days now. He didn't know why his wolf wouldn't let him rest. He'd gone for a run several times but it didn't seem to calm him down so he didn't to go hunting. Not like he hadn't done so in a long time but at that moment,it seemed pleasing to his wolf.
He jumped from the window of his tower and shifted mid air as he begun his run outside the pack borders.

Aria didn't know where her feet were taking her but she decided to keep going whenever they willed. She was fully aware that she'd gone past her usual spot but she didn't see any harm in going beyond it.

Cinnamon mixed with mint and a trail of fresh rain filled her nostrils as she went. It hadn't rained so she looked around for mint leaves and found nothing. Feeling somewhat alarmed, she took a few steps forward to see if she'd find any explanation to what she'd scented.

She stopped abruptly when she saw a wolf. The traitors. Whatever the hell was a wolf doing around there.
Their pack was a good distance away from Ourà Fengàri so she was taken aback by the bundle of white fur which was closer to her height standing across her.

Alfa Demitri stopped in his tracks when he spotted the Queen of Ourà Fengàri. Whatever was she doing there. His nostrils flared when his wolf started yipping but he saw red and forget about the pain in his hind legs when he chanted
'Mate, mate,mate'
He didn't want a mate. Maybe his wolf had it wrong. The pairing was never done that way. There was no way a wolf was paired to someone in the Queendom. Not since they broke away. The bloody witch. She'd probably cast a spell on him.

They stared at each other. No one moved or said anything. They just stared with spite but Aria felt a new energy course through her and her body suddenly didn't belong to her. The scar on her back was suddenly on fire and her eyes were white. A pain in her ankle caused her to move closer to the wolf who stood across her.
She crouched down and her hands shot out to the wolf's hind legs, covering it.

Demitri wanted to move but his wolf was savouring the touch of his mate. When she removed her hands,he could no longer feel the pain. It was natural for werewolves to heal fast but the gash he had wouldn't heal that fast. Not under normal circumstances. He didn't understand. She'd been staring at him with spite yet healed him.