Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

I awoke handcuffed to a chainlink fence. The metal cuffs cut into my skin as I fought against them. The urge to scream overwhelmed me. I pressed my tongue against the gag that was tied around my head. No matter how much I wiggled against it, it wouldn't budge.

The room that I was in was dark. A small amount of light peeked through the cracks in the ceiling. I could hear the loud footsteps of the people above. Their conversation in Spanish was muffled. Even if I could hear perfectly, I wouldn't have understood any of it. Silently I cursed myself for learning French instead of Spanish in high school.

Moving my fingers around, I tried to slip out of the cold metal cuffs. Every angle that I tried, there was a bit that wouldn't slip through the cuffs. They'd been tightened too tight. If they were only a few notches looser than I could have easily escape.

The footsteps grew louder. I fought even harder as I realized they were coming down the stairs. Screaming against the gag was pointless, it suppressed every sound that I tried to make. My heart was pounding in my chest as if it threatened to leap out at any moment.

Shit.

A large Hispanic man came through the doorway. Tattoos covered his body. At the corner of his eyes were two X's. He wore a wife beater that showed off his muscles as well as his tattoos. His dark eyes glared down at me as he came closer. A big hand moved to remove the gag.

I let out a scream as soon as the gag was removed, hoping that someone besides everyone in this room would hear me. As soon as the scream left my mouth, he slapped me. Any sound that I had been making died out. The stinging in my cheek momentarily distracted me from any attempts of escape.

“Stupid punta.” he said in a heavy Spanish accent.

“What do you want with me?” I asked, tears flowing down my cheeks.

His hand went over my body. I held back the urge to throw up. Closing my eyes, I felt my body tense as his hands traveled lower. Then his hands were removed. Mentally, I sighed in relief.

“You have something that we want.”

I opened my eyes. What could I have that he would want? Thinking back, I wondered what was different about me that could cause me to be kidnapped. The memories of this month quickly rose to the front of the line. Reaper.

“I don't know anything about the Devil's Riders.”

He let out a bark of a laugh but didn't say anything to this.

My eyes widened in realization. “You were the ones who shot up the salon? You wanted to kill Reaper.”

The man slapped my other cheek. An involuntary whimper escaped my lips. “I ask the questions.”